Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We run a Black Angus cow/calf operation in SE Louisiana. Own 200 acres. Rent another 160 acres. The gentleman we do hay with owns about 200 and rents another 150. Our grasses are bahia/bermuda/crab grass in spring and summer months. Oats/rye in the fall/winter. Currently we run 2 Vicon CM 268 4-drum mowers. Prior we ran 7.5' PZ 2 drum cutters. We love our drum cutters. Cut faster, cleaner, more efficiently than any disc mower. Fewer moving parts. Tooless blade changes. Less required HP and less fuel burned. Whats your favorite hay mower?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not too far from you as I am in south Alabama, Andalusia to be exact. We run about 130 Black angus cow/calves. We have two Kuhn 800 GII and one Kuhn 700 GII that I cant say we have ever had a problem with (unless someone like my brother doesn't pay attention to what he is doing and hits a well or something). We usually just run the two 800s. We do a lot of Bahia, Coastal Bermuda, Argentina grass

·
Registered
429 Posts
I am currently running a Bush Hog DM90. Why? Because I have a tractor big enough to carry and run it. lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
Had a Vicon years ago and it was a great machine. I also like the Kuhn. I bought my old dinosaur Bush Hog years ago. It cuts really well and you can travel at decent speed with it. It let me down last year. Broke the shaft that drives all the gear heads. I am repairing it now. I would like to get something a bit lighter in the 8 to 9 foot range. Then again I am not sure I can afford a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts