Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Long time browser of these forums and I enjoy most every post I read.
Thanks to all who contribute... I've accomplished much with my equipment, I should share more.
This is by far the best use of my Tractor... View attachment 799251
Although I've had many memorable times on my tractor - they don't compare to your
"Favorite Thing" on yours! Thanks for posting (y)

Registered
A lot of farm kids learned to drive on a tractor, many before their age was in two digits.

Join in more often. This is an interesting place.

Registered
Join in more often. This is an interesting place.
X2 on that.

Great second post. I have to say thats one of my favorite things also. My 7 year old daughter loves it when it's tractor time.

Registered
I like the smile on my youngest girl when she is playing with the tractor. 5 years old in this picture.

Premium Member
Back in 2005 when I finished restoring the '39 B. My granddaughter was only 5 then and now she's 21. Where does the time go?

Premium Member
Great picture on the "B". i learned on one that when riding with your uncle to watch where you put your feet. I was sitting like your granddaughter and he hit the brakes and the pedal slid down the back of my ankle and actually pinched it between counsel and the pedal. OUCH

Registered
Amen brother....We put more hours on it together riding around than I do actually working. Worth every penny for these memories. My grandson is 21 months and can steer the tractor anywhere we go. He also likes to be towed around the yard on HIS Deere. I knew the strap I got from Kennyd would come in handy!

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Harvester

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Ecoregion

Registered
2021 4044M
My 8yo grandson took my new 4044M for a spin today. He steers while I work the go pedal. We drove to the neighbors house and back.

Registered
them pics bring back a lot of great memories of me riding on my step-pap's jd tractor with my uncle. he only had B's till around 65-when he bought a jd model 50-boy could i steer it a lot easier(i thought that-ha) when school left out i would go and stay their for most of the summer.
the first place he made hay at, was his daughter's one field in our little town, 5 miles from the farm, all state road, my uncle would let me stand between his leg's, and i got to steer the whole way to town, all with a jd 14t baler, and 2 hay wagons in tow. he would say-keep such and such tires right along the painted lines.
it was a blast i thought back then, even climbing the hill out of town, when he would tell me to step out onto the axle housing so he could shift gears to pull the hill. heck i wasn't even scared back then at the time--i just hung on tight-hehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.