Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Boys, I'm back.
What a few days I have had all thanks to the FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus. This one was a doozy. Still have a few registry issues left over from deleting stuff but back up and running. The virus took away the Internet and the only way into the computer was through Safe Mode. I was pissed!

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Had that 2 maybe 3 week ago.. what a pain in the A _ _... Used Malwarebyte Anti Malware. Everything seems to be working OK
Good luck on yours ,,Not sure if it was that Malware or anyother but it even locked out my Norton Anti ... Had to reload Norton.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Malwarebyte, Spyhunter, Mcafee, Ad-aware nothing. Had to do it myself, I guess that's why it took so long, not as fast as I once was.

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
Avast here, no troubles. Norton and Macafee are very overrated bloated resource hogs.

·
Registered
11,405 Posts
Hello Boys, I'm back.
What a few days I have had all thanks to the FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus. This one was a doozy. Still have a few registry issues left over from deleting stuff but back up and running. The virus took away the Internet and the only way into the computer was through Safe Mode. I was pissed!
We thought you lost the web address again.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Norton and Macafee are very overrated bloated resource hogs.
So so true!

Glad to have you back Gizmo2.:good2:

Never though I'd say that....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Avast here, no troubles. Norton and Macafee are very overrated bloated resource hogs.
So so true!

Glad to have you back Gizmo2.:good2:

Never though I'd say that....
Yeah I know and Mcafee let it walk right in and Mcafee was up to date too. Beginning to hate computers.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Amen to that brother!

I use Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. I love 'em.:thumbup1gif:

Yeah I know and Mcafee let it walk right in and Mcafee was up to date too.
Giz,a friend of mine used (as in past tense) McAfee and it just about trashed his computer too. As far as I know,it doesn't have anything integrated that detects those nasty rootkits. Best to s**tcan that program and get a really good one.

Greg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amen to that brother!

I use Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. I love 'em.:thumbup1gif:

Giz,a friend of mine used (as in past tense) McAfee and it just about trashed his computer too. As far as I know,it doesn't have anything integrated that detects those nasty rootkits. Best to s**tcan that program and get a really good one.

Greg
I ordered a new computer today. We have been wanting a new one for awhile now and this whole thing tipped us over. I cannot remember the last time we got a virus.
Once I get the new computer I will be posting up a thread related to anti virus software and maybe others can benefit from my short falls.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
You don't have to "sugar coat" your opinion, you can tell us how you really feel:mocking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts