Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gave Shelby my Camera and let her take a few pictures at the barn for me this morning feeding the cows. Typical Winter Feeding. Shelby's Bull raised from a Bottle Calf just loves to beat up and flip the big straw bales and will do the same if it is still on the spears so you need to be fast. I love doing this over going to work any day even fishing. I live for keeping this place working and feeding the cows big bales. The new JD4044M has made my life so much easier and fun. Beats the heck out of a "Electric Wheel Chair" any way you look at it on the farm. Works for me to get around instead of walking to the big barn from the house. 100_0468.jpg 100_0478.jpg 100_0480.jpg 100_0473.jpg 100_0474.jpg 100_0475.jpg 100_0476.jpg 100_0477.jpg 100_0484.jpg 100_0486.jpg 100_0482.jpg The Cheap Winter Cab works great for me. Held on by 2 bolts in the roll bar come off in the spring!! 100_0489.jpg 100_0466.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot Shelby has some real weird cows for their horns. She has Longhorns, a Yac/Longhorn Mix (Great Clown Stabbers) and this Watashe Mix something with giant horns and knows how to uses them very well. You need to give her extra distance she uses the points like a finger to scratch!! 100_0486.jpg

·
Registered
22,748 Posts
Awesome pics of feeding the bull - thanks!

It’s nice to have something to do in the winter and be able to do it on your tractor. I haven’t even used a 1/2 tank of fuel this winter - only had to plow 3 or 4 times. My tractor just sleeps in the barn plugged in to the Battery Tender.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,681 Posts
Real nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Love it. What do you guys do with your cattle?
There my Daughters and as far as I can figure she feeds them? They have calves now and then which she sells for Custom Grass Fed Meat or for our meat. The ones with the horns just keep growing longer. When they die she sells the horns or the whole thing sometimes. Nothing goes to waste around here. The Goats and Sheep are used for wildfire protection clean up around the place. I think she just likes weird cows and other animals cause she has a 3 legged one that throws great calves? It is 7 years old now was not suppose to make it but did. She never knew she should have 2 front legs??

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
:bigthumb: great pics-thanks. now i love to see a tractor chained up--:bigthumb: #chains rule:laugh: it's kinda a small joke among us that love chains.

there are a few chain haters too:lolol:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bigthumb: great pics-thanks. now i love to see a tractor chained up--:bigthumb: #chains rule:laugh: it's kinda a small joke among us that love chains.

there are a few chain haters too:lolol:
They can hate chains all they want but if they want to plow snow where I plow snow they better have chains and filled tires or there dead in the snow real quick.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One thing I have noticed even with my tires filled the tractor floats on deep snow 2-3 feet deep? It only sinks in a foot or less till you need to plow and then the chains dig in and if needed will tear up the snow till I hit bottom or the tractor belly hits bottom. I tried to do that driveway last night. It was so deep I never found the bottom and could only drive in but not plow. That was till I tried to back up the steep hill I was on and it started wheel hopping. Glad I have differential lock and a loader to make a flatter area to get a run at it. I was lucky to get out and just gave up trying to get to his home. They walk in now a Quad would never get thru only a snow mobile could and you better not dig in either or it will get stuck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts