Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope something just needs adjusting....
This is as far back as the FEL will tilt. It works ok but it seems like I wouldn't lose as much of the load if it would tilt back further. Seems like the rams should show none of the polished part.

Is there a way to adjust this or is it a valve or something?

Thanks
G

·
Premium Member
7,456 Posts
It should retract (bucket cylinders) to the paint marks on the shafts. I'll bet an adjustment in the linkage from the joystick to valve is needed. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
I suspect that it's normal. When you curl the bucket back and it stops, what happens if you hold the lever in the curl back position?

How far you move the lever doesn't affect how far the bucket moves, just how fast. If you barely push the lever the cylinders should move slowly, but through the full range of motion.

My loader doesn't retract the curl cylinders to the paint marks, but it does move the rams through the full range of motion.

Your loader isn't self leveling, which means as you lift it the bucket doesn't move in relation to the loser arms, but the geometry of the lifting arms cause the bucket to curl back more relative to the tractor. If you had the bucket tilted back more than it is it would be even easier to dump material back onto the hood of the tractor.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Is it just me, or is there something missing here... Like a timing bar?
Maybe, hard to tell in his pic but that would not solve his issue if it was missing.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
Does your 110 have this linkage (item 19)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you curl the bucket back and it stops, what happens if you hold the lever in the curl back position?
It does nothing. The loader just stops moving at that position no matter how hard you pull on the joystick.

There is an aluminum tube that runs up the right side that looks like it is supposed to push on something as the FEL curls back. I was hoping that it was mis-adjusted or something.
There is a lot of slop in the joy stick

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
It also seems like part number 8 is flipped around on the loader arm in the foreground. Is that causing a bind on the boom somehow?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It also seems like part number 8 is flipped around on the loader arm in the foreground. Is that causing a bind on the boom somehow?

Although I am not there I was able to look at the full size photo and zoom in and it does appear that dogbone (#8) is the wrong way around.
I suspect there may be other dyslexic reassembly jobs here and there as well on this machine.

Thanks for the catch!

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Although I am not there I was able to look at the full size photo and zoom in and it does appear that dogbone (#8) is the wrong way around.
I suspect there may be other dyslexic reassembly jobs here and there as well on this machine.

Thanks for the catch!
greg--did u buy it this way from someone.?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I flipped that dogbone around. There was no sign of binding. Once the clips were off it slid right off and on.
I looked over the aluminum pipe linkage and noticed that it is rubbing on the underside of the steel pipe cross piece. It feels like there is more wear on the steel than on the aluminum?
I'd say there is a routing/interference problem. Maybe it got bent?

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
You could always disconnect that linkage as a science experiment and see what happens. My bet is your theory could be correct.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That curl in not normal, the cylinder knuckles should be touching the loader frame when fully curled. I'll snap a pic in the am of mine.

Matt

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If you discover the linkage is correct or not the problem then I would suggest extending the curl cylinders and checking each one for a bend with a straight edge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts