Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had their front bucket hydraulic cylinders get slightly out of sync on a 220R or similar FEL? When the bucket is off the FEL one cylinder runs slightly ahead of the other which can make it a pain when trying to attach other front attachments. Mechanically there doesn't appear to be anything wrong but I'll need to look closer to see if that connection rod is bent, twisted or maybe sheared off the bolt on one side. I don't recall exactly how or when this happened but I have lifted with the bucket off before and a chain to get attachments on/off a trailer. Anyway I was going to look in the manual tonight for the 220R to see if there is a sync procedure but I thought I'd put it out to this vast wealth of knowledge first.

Regards,
Offtackle72
:greentractorride:

·
Registered
92 Posts
That happens to me too, on my gen 1 2025r. I simply drive up to the bucket or whatever I am trying to pick up. I drive forward until the cylinder that is out further touches the implement I am trying to pick up. I then curl out a bit. This causes the other side to curl out. I continue until both are touching the implement. Because I generally drive up to the implement straight. They are now generally synced. I pick up the implement and lock in the pins.

I believe there is more friction in one cylinder than the other so there is really no way to keep them synced since nothing ties them together.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah this is common on all the JD that I’ve seen. It’s because the hydraulics for the curl cylinders have them plumbed in parallel. With nothing mechanically forcing the two sides to stay in sync, the oil will push whichever side has less resistance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good to hear! I only noticed it on my the last couple of times I had the FEL off, and was going to investigate it further. No need now, thanks to GTT!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts