Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully its an easy question to answer.
Are the loader arms the same on all JD tractors so that a bucket from a 460 loader would fit on a 120R loader. Just by looking at them they appear the same.
I ask because if I change tractors I'm wondering if I can keep my grapple and just install it on a smaller loader.

This maybe common knowledge but both my local JD dealer and I are ignorant of the answer.

Thanks in advance to all who share their wisdom here!!

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I believe the quick attach loader bucket pins are the same for 1, 2, 3 and 4-series tractors.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
jgayman is correct. All of the JDQA loader attachments intended for the Deere CUTs (1-series through 4-series) are interchangeable between CUTs.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm sure you're thinking of this, but just be aware that the size/weight of an implement for a 460 loader may well leave very little extra lift capacity on a 120R. Or maybe you have a light grapple and all will be well.

Rob

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you're thinking of this, but just be aware that the size/weight of an implement for a 460 loader may well leave very little extra lift capacity on a 120R. Or maybe you have a light grapple and all will be well.

Rob
The grapple weights about 370lbs.
Is that a "light" grapple, I don't know, I wouldn't want to drop it on my toes.:laugh:

I think I'll be OK, I'm going to pull all the extras that are added to run it on my 4610 and keep it for a 1025.

Thanks tho for the heads up!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The grapple weights about 370lbs.
Is that a "light" grapple, I don't know, I wouldn't want to drop it on my toes.:laugh:

I think I'll be OK, I'm going to pull all the extras that are added to run it on my 4610 and keep it for a 1025.

Thanks tho for the heads up!!:thumbup1gif:
Deere's specs for a 120R call for 754lbs lift capacity. And that is probably at the end of the lift arms. Your 370# grapple will leave you with only a few hundred pounds of lift capacity. Will it work? Sure. Will it disappoint you in what it can do? Probably.

There are other grapples out there that are much lighter. Only you can decide whether you'll be fine with your current setup or would be better off swapping.

Rob

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deere's specs for a 120R call for 754lbs lift capacity. And that is probably at the end of the lift arms. Your 370# grapple will leave you with only a few hundred pounds of lift capacity. Will it work? Sure. Will it disappoint you in what it can do? Probably.

There are other grapples out there that are much lighter. Only you can decide whether you'll be fine with your current setup or would be better off swapping.

Rob
I was contemplating this.

Does Deeres spec of 754 lbs include the bucket? I would imagine so, then you have to find out the weight of the bucket vs the weight of the grapple and then adjust for the difference.
So I'd guess the grapple might even be lighter than the bucket.

Anyone know for sure about the Spec/with or without bucket?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm bouncing back and forth between the 1 series and 2 series. I think a little extra that the 2032R has would be nice, not much bigger.

I have read on some of the posts that the older 2032R's, '16 and older had a different setup in the front for FEL's.

Is this right?

I do not want any tractor with the tier 4 stuff on it. I'm OK with used but I'd like to keep and use my existing grapple.

How far back does the existing quick change system go on the older 1 and 2 series tractors?
My '03 4610 has it I would think that all of JD's tractor would of had it since then.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I'm bouncing back and forth between the 1 series and 2 series. I think a little extra that the 2032R has would be nice, not much bigger.

I have read on some of the posts that the older 2032R's, '16 and older had a different setup in the front for FEL's.

Is this right?
That is not correct. The current 220R will fit 2-series going back to at least 2008 (2520, 2720, 2032R, etc.)

I do not want any tractor with the tier 4 stuff on it. I'm OK with used but I'd like to keep and use my existing grapple.
Anything from the Gen-1 2032R and older will not have T4 emissions

How far back does the existing quick change system go on the older 1 and 2 series tractors?
My '03 4610 has it I would think that all of JD's tractor would of had it since then.
It's not so much the tractor but the loader. I think it goes back to at least 2006 with the 200CX loader.

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
It's not so much the tractor but the loader. I think it goes back to at least 2006 with the 200CX loader.
WAY before that. The JDQA came out in the mid-90's sometime.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I was contemplating this.

Does Deeres spec of 754 lbs include the bucket? I would imagine so, then you have to find out the weight of the bucket vs the weight of the grapple and then adjust for the difference.
So I'd guess the grapple might even be lighter than the bucket.

Anyone know for sure about the Spec/with or without bucket?
I thought I read that the lift capacity did not include a bucket, but I could be wrong. They do make many different buckets of different widths and HD so makes sense that they don't set the capacity assuming any one of them.

Rob

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I found that a 2013 era original equipment 49" bucket from a H120 loader is not compatible with the holders on a 2006 era 300CX loader. JD Parts shows that the same holder is used on both loaders, but the 300CX holder part number is a substitution for an older part number.

The 2006 era 300CX loader holders are a bit wider at the attachment holes than the H120's holders and they strike the bucket edges, preventing it from being pinned. I could make it fit by grinding the bucket edges and welds, but it would surely lessen the integrity of the bucket.

I think this is an unusual occurrence and you'd be hard pressed to find other attachments that will not fit both loaders.

I have no idea where the thumbnail came from and I can't get rid of it. :dunno:

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Oxpath, thanks for the pics. I’ve never seen that issue before.

Regarding the thumbnail, the site may be having an issue right now, we will have to check that out.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I found that a 2013 era original equipment 49" bucket from a 120R loader is not compatible with the holders on a 2006 era 300CX loader.
That's odd since the 120R loader did not exist in 2013.

The 2006 era 300CX loader holders are a bit wider at the attachment holes than the 120R's holders and they strike the bucket edges, preventing it from being pinned. I could make it fit by grinding the bucket edges and welds, but it would surely lessen the integrity of the bucket.
That is a weird one. While the pin spacing and length are identical between the loader and bucket I think you encountered a one-off situation by trying to put such a narrow bucket on the 300CX loader that the thicker embossment around the pin retainer is contacting that bucket edge. Looking at the photo I'm certain you could grind a bit off the bucket edge and not effect the strength at all. I would not grind any off the loader arm.

I have no idea where the thumbnail came from and I can't get rid of it. :dunno:
I had the same thing happen when I uploaded a photo last night. I even deleted them and re-uploaded but the double images reappeared. I think something wacky is happening with the website.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
That's odd since the 120R loader did not exist in 2013.

That is a weird one. While the pin spacing and length are identical between the loader and bucket I think you encountered a one-off situation by trying to put such a narrow bucket on the 300CX loader that the thicker embossment around the pin retainer is contacting that bucket edge. Looking at the photo I'm certain you could grind a bit off the bucket edge and not effect the strength at all. I would not grind any off the loader arm.

I had the same thing happen when I uploaded a photo last night. I even deleted them and re-uploaded but the double images reappeared. I think something wacky is happening with the website.
Good catch! It's the bucket off an H120 loader. Correction made!

I have no plans to use the bucket on the 300CX, I was just moving it to a new storage area when I noticed the problem. Even if I did want to use it, I wouldn't grind it, as it is not only the edge that would have to come off, but also the weld that secures the side plate to the bucket.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Good catch! It's the bucket off an H120 loader. Correction made!

I have no plans to use the bucket on the 300CX, I was just moving it to a new storage area when I noticed the problem. Even if I did want to use it, I wouldn't grind it, as it is not only the edge that would have to come off, but also the weld that secures the side plate to the bucket.
Ahhh... I see. Judging from how much of the pin hole is already showing it sure wouldn't take much grinding to get it to fit. But, like you said since you have no plans to use it on that loader it doesn't matter. If it were mine and I wanted to use it I wouldn't hesitate to grind a spot just enough to enable the pin to fit then re-weld if necessary and touch up the paint.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Looks like there is enough hole showing in that pin to drop a zip tie through. That should be good enough.

*kidding!!*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts