Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use their FEL for snow removal like I do? If so, have you made any customizations to it to protect it from wear and tear from sliding on the cement and to make snow removal easier? Pics are always nice to if you have them.

I mostly use my 60" rear blade for snow removal cause it has the nice rubber on the bottom which is replaceable but there are some areas where its just nice to use the bucket or thats my only option in those spots.

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!

Travis

·
Registered
618 Posts
I used some 2 1/4" CPVC pipe with a slot cut down the center. Slip over cutting edge. Worked okay but was brittle in real cold.

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Several member here use a bucket and blade combo, including me.

R2 Manufacturing makes a product called the Edge Tamer that does exactly what you're looking for. I know a few members here have them, and you can check out their forum here for lots of into.

Another option would be an add on sacrificial cutting edge, and some folks have slit a piece of pipe lengthwise and put it over the bucket edge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Someone on here posted that they bought a straight edge from the same people that make the piranha toothbar. It's made just like the toothbar and can be removed by taking out a couple bolts when not wanted.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Someone on here posted that they bought a straight edge from the same people that make the piranha toothbar. It's made just like the toothbar and can be removed by taking out a couple bolts when not wanted.
The one I just posted is pretty easy on and off.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pipe on edge

Called a turf bar here used on plow edges until ground freezes hard so a joining turf (grass) does not get thorn up
mine came from a wielding shop that 50 per year
15 TURF BAR.jpg

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
From what I've seen and heard about, I think 56FordGuy nailed it about the edge tamer.

Reactions: Trilifter7

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm all about PVC. You can get two pieces out of a ten foot stick. I cleared about 5 large concrete driveways a few times each in my neighborhood last winter without changing pieces. Depending on how many times you plow a year, it'd take A LOT of PVC to meet the cost of some products out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts