Green Tractor Talk banner

FEL Bucket tilt piston slow....

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kennyd 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 3320 w/300CX and skid steer plate up front and I've always noticed that the bucket was a little crooked. I lived with it but now I need to use pallet forks on it and I can't have the mismatch of piston speed. I'm not sure what causes this. Dropping the bucket down, the left piston is slow at first but then keeps up with the right side as each side is independent at this point. Raising the bucket the left side is the last to retract. It works fine, but it just seems to be out of sync as the right piston always moves first in either direction.....

With my pallet forks on and under load they both move evenly because of the attached plate of the pallet forks, does this mean one piston is doing more work that the other?

See pics below:

Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Wheel Auto part

Green Cylinder Machine Gas

Green Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Unless extreme this is actually normal. The hydraulics are on the right side, path of least resistance is the cause to put it simply. Many including myself have asked this question is the past. :good2:

#3 ·
Yup, 100% normal. Many threads on this but I can’t link them right now...a search of the word(s) sync or synced will find them.

#4 ·
THanks!!!

I had no idea and it was the first time I pulled the bucket off for the something else and I was like, what the heck! The pallet forks worked like a champ with no issues. I thought they might be cockeyed after seeing the mismatch.

For my own sanity, I say thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.