Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified the Hydraulic connections on the 1026r for the FEL to make it easlier for the hose connections. It is really hard to make the connections, especially for the black. I usually don;t like to disconnect because it such a pain switching between the FEL and the mower. I didn't know if there is a way to rotate the unit some without messing up the mount on the floorboard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They should go in very easily actually. Do you connect the yellow and black one's first and work back towards you? I start with the farthest one on the bottom and work counter clock wise. I think the order is yellow, black, blue, red. Although sometimes I do the blue one last. Takes me about 20 seconds.

Is it a problem with pressure in the lines?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's the location of connections themselves. It is very tight to fit the hose connection and then slide the sleeve. I always move the control around to release the pressure. I think the conection on the tractor should be at a different angle or different location on the floor board. I tried to use pressure gage from KBOH and had a really hard time getting that to go into the connection because of spacing or lack there of. I think it was poor design location.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
No, it's the location of connections themselves. It is very tight to fit the hose connection and then slide the sleeve. I always move the control around to release the pressure. I think the conection on the tractor should be at a different angle or different location on the floor board. I tried to use pressure gage from KBOH and had a really hard time getting that to go into the connection because of spacing or lack there of. I think it was poor design location.
I think that they probably were most concerned about making it a safe spot for their hoses to exist and it had to be near the frame connection. Some tractors have a system where all the hose couple and uncouple as a unit. That would be worth doing if it's possible.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Do you have a cab on your machine?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
With the tractor off right?

Sometimes people miss that little detail.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, regular 1026r. I am trying to see if I can move the connections a little. The back connections are usually the hardest(black & yellow). It may be the angle of the FEL connections. I just thing JD could have designed the connections better.

·
Premium Member
12,165 Posts
No, regular 1026r. I am trying to see if I can move the connections a little. The back connections are usually the hardest(black & yellow). It may be the angle of the FEL connections. I just thing JD could have designed the connections better.
It's not so much the design of the connections as much as it is the lack of room to get your fingers in there. It's a similar situation on other models as well. I wish they would have spaced the quick connects out just a wee bit more.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's not so much the design of the connections as much as it is the lack of room to get your fingers in there. It's a similar situation on other models as well. I wish they would have spaced the quick connects out just a wee bit more.
Completely agree jgayman, I have to use a pair of channel locks... can't get my sausage fingers in there.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Blow the fittings male and female completely clean, if the pressure is off it should only take the tips of your fingers to pull the sleeve back and the pressure from the male end will snap it shut, when you push it in.

If its taking effort something is dirty....IMHO

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Blow the fittings male and female completely clean, if the pressure is off it should only take the tips of your fingers to pull the sleeve back and the pressure from the male end will snap it shut, when you push it in.

If its taking effort something is dirty....IMHO
Dirty, still has or has developed pressure or possibly the fittings or the outings are damaged or just slightly out of spec so they interfere just enough to be difficult but still function.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can get a set of short extension hoses and run them up to the loader mounting bracket. Then you'll be able to make your hydraulic connections easier. I got mine from Kenny at BoltOnHooks.com. Makes a world of difference, especially if you have a cab on the machine.

20181124_125917-2.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the idea of short extension hoses, because that would make the connections much easier. I would think JD would put the hose connection on the loader mounting bracket anyway. There is a lot more room, I think they could have made a vertical connection. My FEL hoses are extra long anyway. Maybe Kenny will respond with some options. I just ordered a set of ROPS clamps from him today.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
I like the idea of short extension hoses, because that would make the connections much easier. I would think JD would put the hose connection on the loader mounting bracket anyway. There is a lot more room, I think they could have made a vertical connection. My FEL hoses are extra long anyway. Maybe Kenny will respond with some options. I just ordered a set of ROPS clamps from him today.
I can only offer the 12" extensions, any other solution will be SUPER expensive, and since I don't own a 1-series I'd have a hard time prototyping anything any way.

If money is not a concern, use the Google search feature in the upper right corner and search "single point"..

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
You can get a set of short extension hoses and run them up to the loader mounting bracket. Then you'll be able to make your hydraulic connections easier. I got mine from Kenny at BoltOnHooks.com. Makes a world of difference, especially if you have a cab on the machine.
Thanks! I stole your picture for future use LOL.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i would check with dealer and see if this type connection is availible for your unit......fantastic....all in one...5 second hookup no issues

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
i would check with dealer and see if this type connection is availible for your unit......fantastic....all in one...5 second hookup no issues
That's the "single point" I referenced above. it's not available as a JD option (Yet anyway...I suspect it will be one day) but it can be retrofitted for about $800ish.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
If there is any type of fluid pressure in the hoses, say from the FEL settling while on the parking stand, they'll be very difficult, if not impossible, to connect. It doesn't take long for it to settle or even build pressure from the ambient temperature increasing.

If you wrap the connector in a rag and then press it up against a hard surface, to depress the connector dimple, the pressure will release. Usually with some force and always with making a bit of a mess. It happens frequently enough that I finally bought two of these special tools, one for each tractor's tool box, for doing just this task. Simpler, quicker, and you can better catch the released fluid in a bucket.

I don't recall which specific tool I ordered, as they are different for each series of connector. I do know that Kenny (Bolt-On Hooks) has a nice chart on his web page that details what tractor has what connector. So look there before ordering.

More often than not, I find I have to use the tool and release the pressure to get the lines connected. They connect easily when there is no pressure in them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That the exact problem, it's not the pressure but the space to connect the hoses. They should have made more room between the connections and manuver the hoses.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
I finally bought two of these special tools, one for each tractor's tool box, for doing just this task. Simpler, quicker, and you can better catch the released fluid in a bucket.

I don't recall which specific tool I ordered, as they are different for each series of connector. I do know that Kenny (Bolt-On Hooks) has a nice chart on his web page that details what tractor has what connector. So look there before ordering.

More often than not, I find I have to use the tool and release the pressure to get the lines connected. They connect easily when there is no pressure in them.
We will be selling those tools on the website in 2 or 3 weeks, we have finally came to an agreement that will allow us to retail them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts