Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2001 4600 with a 400x loader. The joy stick controls are from the original 460 FEL and are a bit sticky when curling the bucket. Lift and lowering work fine. Also, the position of the stick is such that my leg rides against it and unless I am very careful it gets bumped causing it to curl. The stickiness makes the problem worse. So I have two questions; what can be done to free the curl control and is there a way to adjust the stick to the right?

·
Administrator
17,092 Posts
Welcome to GTT,

The first thing to do is lubricate all the linkages that connect the joystick to the valve body. Fluid Film works great here, as do some "dry" lubricants.

As for your leg hitting the joystick, you can remove it and bend it to a better position for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT,

The first thing to do is lubricate all the linkages that connect the joystick to the valve body. Fluid Film works great here, as do some "dry" lubricants.

As for your leg hitting the joystick, you can remove it and bend it to a better position for you.

Thanks, I will try the Fluid Film. I tried WD-40 as a quick fix that didn't seem to help much. As for bending the joy stick, that would probably work great but looks difficult to remove - was hoping for some type of adjustment.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts