Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 5200 with OE loader controls. all directions work, but when pushed to the left, it requires extra effort to work. i e-mailed JD and got a response of 3 different solutions. either the lever piston are binding, the cables are binding, or the control valve pistons are binding. this takes care of the whole system basically. what may be the most common problem? thanks!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
i have a 1997 5200 with OE loader controls. all directions work, but when pushed to the left, it requires extra effort to work. i e-mailed JD and got a response of 3 different solutions. either the lever piston are binding, the cables are binding, or the control valve pistons are binding. this takes care of the whole system basically. what may be the most common problem? thanks!!
Lever pistons getting rust and crap on them. I have had to repair/clean several of these. Just work it and try to clean it and it will get better. If that’s your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
If it moves, lube it. WD40 should work.

Reactions: PJR832 and Mar524ak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fel

thanks for the replies. it's on the other side of San Antonio now. i will go work with it Saturday. if i remember correctly, the boot is gone covering the pivot point. i will check better closer to the whole mech. when i get there. if the boot is missing, no telling what's down inside.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thanks for the replies. it's on the other side of San Antonio now. i will go work with it Saturday. if i remember correctly, the boot is gone covering the pivot point. i will check better closer to the whole mech. when i get there. if the boot is missing, no telling what's down inside.
It’s probably full of Dr Pepper, snuff spit etc. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts