Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been covered on here somewhere before but I did not find the topic so here goes. Can anyone tell me what FELs will fit the 4100? I know it came out with a 410 but was told a 420, C200 and a CX200 would fit but now I am told by local dealer the CX210 will not fit and probably neither will the others without a good many alterations.

I am still interested in one for my tractor but so for no luck finding one or at least one close to Texas so have been considering other options. Maybe some of you have already fitted other loaders on one. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
This is from the 200CX operator's manual:

The 200X and 200CX Loaders are designed for use on 2210, 2305, 2320, 2520, 2720, 4100, 4110 and 4115 Compact Utility Tractors.

This is from the 420 operator's manual:

The 410 Loader is designed for use on 4010, 4100/4110, and 4115 4-WD John Deere tractors.

The 420 Loader is designed for use on 855, 955, 870, 4200/4210, 4300/4310, and 4400/4410 Two-Wheel Drive and 4-WD John Deere tractors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FEL for 4100

jgayman thanks for you reply. This always gets confusing to me when you can go to one dealer and they tell you things will fit and the next says no. I guess it is because they don't have one to sell and the cx200 is no longer made and I think the new model is like H130 or something. Yesterday the salesman told me the tractor frame was different and would not allow that model to fit without alterations and he did not know how much would be necessary. i called another and was told I don't think so but I really don't know.

Now have you seen one installed, is it a direct fit or will there be some or a lot of changes needed? Neither dealer had a FEL so they could not give me a price of any kind. I won't use one more than 3 or 4 times a year and probably not over a hour or so at a time so paying out the nose for one is just not in my plans at the moment. What should I expect to pay for a used one or new one for that matter?

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
jgayman thanks for you reply. This always gets confusing to me when you can go to one dealer and they tell you things will fit and the next says no. I guess it is because they don't have one to sell and the cx200 is no longer made and I think the new model is like H130 or something. Yesterday the salesman told me the tractor frame was different and would not allow that model to fit without alterations and he did not know how much would be necessary. i called another and was told I don't think so but I really don't know.
That is why we always joke about asking 5 dealers the same question and getting 5 different answers.

I should have checked the H130 manual. It has this to say:

The H130 loader is designed for use on 2210, 2305, 2320, 2520, 2720, 2025R, 2027R, 2032R, 4100, 4110, and 4115 Compact Utility Tractors.

Which makes sense since the H130 and 200CX fit the same tractors.

Now have you seen one installed, is it a direct fit or will there be some or a lot of changes needed? Neither dealer had a FEL so they could not give me a price of any kind. I won't use one more than 3 or 4 times a year and probably not over a hour or so at a time so paying out the nose for one is just
not in my plans at the moment. What should I expect to pay for a used one or new one for that matter?
I have not seen a newer loader installed on a 4100.

The newest loader, the 220R does NOT list the 4100... which is odd because the 220R does fit the 2720 and 2032R both of which use the 200CX or H130. So you have to wonder if JD just stopped listing the older tractors in the newer loader manuals.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
Here is some more information... while the various loaders are compatible with the 4100... the mounting masts are not all the same. Below you can see from the H130 parts listing that there are different mounting frames for the H130 depending on which tractor it is being used on.

4100_mast.jpg

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Here is some more information... while the various loaders are compatible with the 4100... the mounting masts are not all the same. Below you can see from the H130 parts listing that there are different mounting frames for the H130 depending on which tractor it is being used on.

View attachment 626122
Right. They may just not make the tractor-specific mounting brackets for the 4100 that would allow the 220R to mount up.

For the OP, even though you don't think you'll use a loader much I believe as soon as you have one you'll use it all the time. My 2520's loader gets used almost daily in the summer with the bucket or forks.

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
The obvious choice would be to find a used 410 loader for sale. Next best option would be a used 200CX or H130. The odds of finding a 200CX/H130 with 4100 hardware is probably zilch. I did some checking and to buy the parts for the frame mounts and plates would be around $1000. So you would need a killer deal on a used 200CX/H130 to offset the parts cost.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Finding a used loader of the right model is probably going to be quite difficult. How many people ditch them once they buy one? And most tractors with them are sold with them, not separated. Buying new is likely the only feasible option unless the OP is willing to wait for a long time watching for one.

Rob

·
Read Only
68 Posts
I moved a 200CX from my 2320 to my 2032R, The cost for the Loader posts was pretty high, $485 (w/ shipping and tax) and I was good to go. But well worth it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
I moved a 200CX from my 2320 to my 2032R, The cost for the Loader posts was pretty high, $485 (w/ shipping and tax) and I was good to go. But well worth it in the long run.
There is more to it than just the mounting posts. If the OP finds a suitable loader he will likely have to buy all the mounting frame parts which all together is around $1000.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. I checked with another dealer today and he assured me the CX200 will work but does not know what all it intells doing so. Since he has never installed one just has no idea.

I have been able to find the mounting post online but the loader itself is a different deal. What I have found has all been located up in the northern states so shipping could become expensive. Since I am in no hurry I will keep looking at least now I know what all I can look for. I am beginning to think just changing tractors for one with a FEL mounted might be a cheaper route to go.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I checked with another dealer today and he assured me the CX200 will work but does not know what all it intells doing so. Since he has never installed one just has no idea.

I have been able to find the mounting post online but the loader itself is a different deal. What I have found has all been located up in the northern states so shipping could become expensive. Since I am in no hurry I will keep looking at least now I know what all I can look for. I am beginning to think just changing tractors for one with a FEL mounted might be a cheaper route to go.

Thanks again for all the help.
I was going to mention that idea about swapping the entire tractor but figured it might be a bit much. Give you a chance to upgrade to something a bit more modern though. Even a 2520 or 2720 would probably have better specs and not break the bank.

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
I'm not sure why the dealer would be confused. All 200CX loaders are the same. The only difference is the brackets and other associated hardware that mount it to the specific tractor and those components are clearly illustrated in JD Parts (4100 mounting frame shown below). I did some rough pricing and if you bought everything as parts you're looking at around $1000.

4100_chassis.jpg

·
Read Only
68 Posts
A problem is not being able to purchase those parts as a package, my mounts would of been $774 purchased separately, $426 as a package. For a nearly 20 year tractor it is amazing that you can even still purchase those parts. Certainly a big investment with the possibility of not finding a used 200CX or H130 FEL.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FEL for 4100

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Upgrading in size is not a big deal for me since I already have larger tractors. I have a 26 hp and a 33 but neither have loaders but I like the small size of the 4100. It is great working mulch in flower beds and garden work. So dumping 10 to 15 grand or so for another tractor just seemed a little out since I own this one. It is a great little tractor with about 800 hours on it. It may be just over that now but I got this one in on a debt and cleaned up any issues I found with it which were all minor. But if I could find a good deal on something with a loader I would be interested.

I think my problem with dealers is I am talking to salesman and should be talking to the mechanics. I have talked to a couple and neither remember installing one so I have a little trip to make and will check with dealers a little more distance away.

If anyone might be interested in purchasing the 4100 I am open to discussion.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I just happen to have some friends who are downsizing their property and will be selling a 4100 that has a loader. I could ask about them selling the loader separately, but Minnesota is a long ways from Texas so I'm not sure that helps you.

Rob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would be interested but like you said Tyler Texas and Minnesota are quite a ways apart unless there would be a way to bring it with them. I am not sure just what it would take to ship it I have not checked into any of that not knowing where one would come from. Where in Texas are they planning on locating? I would think in Minnesota they would be more interested in snow plows than FEL.

Have in idea what one weighs?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I would be interested but like you said Tyler Texas and Minnesota are quite a ways apart unless there would be a way to bring it with them. I am not sure just what it would take to ship it I have not checked into any of that not knowing where one would come from. Where in Texas are they planning on locating? I would think in Minnesota they would be more interested in snow plows than FEL.

Have in idea what one weighs?
No, they aren't relocating to TX. They are moving in MN from rural property to a city lot and don't need the 4100. I have zero idea how much it would cost to ship to TX. I just mention it because of the similarity to what you were looking for.

Rob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fel 4100:

Sorry Rob I misunderstood but thanks for the consideration. If there was a way getting it here I would love to have it. I just looked at one of those HOT SHOT driver deals where he was moving one from WIS to Texas (where they did not say) but they charged 1500 for the move. It could be a larger loader so I will do some research and see what I can find.

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'll be seeing them early next week to help them prep for their house sale. I'll ask about the loader. You'll have to research transfer options. I know that last year I checked into getting my 2520 from TX to MN and I got quotes around the $500 range for it.

Rob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts