Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ilovegreen,
I have been through the loam moving stage, and it's never as easy as you may think, but our tractor projects become a labor anyway, so...... I wish you great luck with the bucket. Nice video and a good looking installation. I used my X580 when I owned it and moved way more loam using the front blade, and up hills !! You'll have fun, but I suggest you till the yard before you spread the loam. Till, fill, first growth. All with the X580. (My 1023e arrives Thursday.)

·
Registered
158 Posts
As soon as I get delivery of top soil I'll make another video. Some question as to when I'll get the top soil since governor of NY has shut down all non essential business.plus got a few inches of snow last night. Controls are two toggle switches( arms up/down) Bucket roll. ( similar set up to johnny bucket) I believe could be replaced with joy stick if that is your preference. I have run some tests-- loader will easily lift 300 lbs to full height,( probably more but that is as much as I want to go ) should easily handle full bucket of top soil or mulch. Unit has considerable down pressure ( can lift front of tractor off ground quite easily ) Did some light digging in mulch bed and loader handled it quite easily( its soft soil) I was a bit spastic with controls, but longer I did it more proficient I was becoming with it. Tried it on unbroken ground and it basically scraped the soil,( probably didnt help that I'm not yet super proficient with control) probably need tooth bar if I was going to do a lot of digging. I dont think I'll be digging with it much so I'll pass on tooth bar Bucket holds approx 3 cu feet, which is slightly larger than Johnny Bucket jr and slightly smaller than Little buck loader. Cant wait to get the top soil and put that bad boy to work, like any "loader" I'm sure there will be learning curve on my part on most efficient way to use loader and get proficient with toggle switches.

Should be a very useful tool for me in addition to topsoil I have some small bushes that need to come out that LGM will help with. And after the top soil project I'll get 10 yards of mulch in. What I like about the LGM is if I am proficient enough I can apply the mulch where needed Over and around small obstacles on ground ( Bushes and 'yard art") unlike johnny bucket where you basically dump it close to where you want and and then spend more time hand spreading it around bushes , flower boxes, yard art etc. Johnny bucket is fine product, but with ability to lift almost 4 feet off ground I believe the LGM is much more versatile- on plus side for Johnny bucket its an established product been out over 20 years I believe. LGM offers similar performance to little buck loader, which wasn't available to X5xx series owners. This is nice for 500 series owners- LGM is despite what the naysayers say, much more than a light duty wheel barrow, its a real loader- just on a smaller scale- light duty loader is good label for it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bob thanks for advice- you are quickly becoming a John Deere expert, 500 series year before last 700 series last year 1023 this year - whats next a 2025r next season..LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
the thing about BOBL is that yes he has upgraded every year but he still speaks fondly about his past mowers. I suspect if he were driving down the road and saw his old X580 or X738 being used he would have to stop and check in! the fact he has now experienced multiple levels of Deere and loved them all speaks volumes about John Deere.
ilovegreen, keep us updated on you new loader! I've contacted the maker as well to see what the ballpark price is. might be something of interest next year. good to see your brush guard was able to stay on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I was being a bit cheeky about next years 2025r-- but I agree Tab-- Bob speaks very highly of his former machines- I value his input because he has experienced both the 500 and 700 series, and this coming year he can add the 1 series to his expertise

As for loader- Carlos is a great guy, he will answer all you questions and does top flight work, in next video I'll take some shots of his welds-- top notch work!! It takes 4-6 weeks to get loader but that's because Carlos does all the work himself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well still waiting for my 20 yards of topsoil ( hopefully this week) in meantime had a few big pine tree limbs come down in backyard, cut them up and loaded them in LGM and we made quick work of those limbs and transported then right down to burning pit
lgm3.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Still waiting for my topsoil--hopefully early next week- decided to tackle some digging today - still a little slow on controls - and I was trying to be precise digging edge of mulch bed

·
Registered
78 Posts
that actually dug in better than i imagined it would. i suppose a tooth bar option would do even better.

edit: i would still appreciate a pic of how you chose to put your control switches in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
More than you can imagine, its been everything I expected it to be and more. It handled the topsoil like a champ, was able to back drag the topsoil to level after putting soil on my lawn. One drawback of the electric FEL, no "float" so to back drag and level soil I had to go slow, taking small increments off on each pass. Since it was relatively small area it wasn't a big deal for my use, wouldnt have wanted to back drag extremely large lot with it, would take forever. I was pleasantly surprised on how well it dug, handled digging up mulch beds extremely easily.But like I said that was soft dirt, but still saved me from using a shovel to do it. {and way more fun} Helped me dig up a few small ( 8 foot) pine tree's. Had a 60 foot pine removed and the LGM helped with cleanup- in short longer I have it more uses I find for it. On personal note I'm getting better at using it, what it can and cant do, more comfortable with controls and use of bucket- for example at first I was having a hard time knowing when bucket was level ( before heading into dirt pile) was going to put some sort of small indicator on bucket to tell me when it was level, but more I used LGM the better I became at knowing when bucket was level by just eye ballling it. Also more comfortable with how much weight I can lift, with my 590 I can comfortably lift about 300 lbs fairly easily, the LGM will lift more. I just dont want to stress my 590 ( probably just me being cautious) Just really happy with added capability the LGM adds to my X590. Last week I had a contractor that was driving by stop and ask about the LGM. he was amazed at its power and use, he has a X540 at his home and was going to call CT solutions for info

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been watching your videos on YouTube. It seems like it works better than I ever imagined it would. I noticed that your going to go with the faster actuators. please share a video when you do! I'm still on the fence... concerns of that weight on the front tires. I would be more than willing to sacrifice lift height to bring the load closer to the mower and reduce the pressure.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts