Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!

I see a lot of pics on here of people working on their property with their JD's and the end caps are usually hanging down where they can snag and be torn off.

The quickest and cheapest way I have found is to use a couple of zip ties to keep them up out of the way. That way they can't snag on anything and they will always be there when you want to take the FEL off and use the caps to keep the dirt out of the connection fittings.

I saw a pic on another thread today of someone who got frustrated and cut them off.

So anyway, just my 2 cents on what to do if you don't like them hanging down either..

Enjoy your day!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a 5' or 6' Rake? I use twist ties from my bread rolls :laugh:
I want to say it's the 5 ft rake. I will double check tomorrow. my memory sucks. :(

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like little Lego people. lol

Couldn't you find a black zip tie?
After many moons I found the bag of black ties that had fallen off the shelf down behind a box of misc bolts I rarely use., it's above my head. I will change them when I get my beast back from the dealer. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Speaking of FEL caps, I could have sworn that I saw on here caps that someone put on the grease points on their H120 FEL. I searched the forum but was unable to find it. Does anyone remember that, or was I dreaming?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I cabled tied my off. Quick and easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts