Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1025R, 9 months, 130 hours. I greased the loader yesterday but one of the lower pins wouldn't take any grease.

Took the zerk out and grease goes through it. Went back out this a.m. and removed the zerk and stuck a drill bit in the hole of the pin. No obstruction. Tried to grease it again, no good. Applied heat with a torch until I got liquified grease running out. Tried to grease it, no good.

I see there's a nut on the inside of the pin. If I remove it can I tap the pin right out? How much trouble can I get in here?
On the other hand, if I just ignored it it would probably outlive me as is.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I would try moving that joint to different positions and try pump grease thru the zerk until it flows and oozes.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Does your grease gun coupler lock in good? The lock-n-lube i have will pump almost every time but my basic grease coupler will blow out the side almost every time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your grease gun coupler lock in good? The lock-n-lube i have will pump almost every time but my basic grease coupler will blow out the side almost every time.
Yes, it's a lock-n-lube.

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
You know to twist a standard coupler to tighten them on? I didn’t until about the time I bought a lock n lube

·
Premium Member
11,107 Posts
Pull the pins and clean it then grease it regularly to prevent it from clogging again.
I wouldn't heat it but I have taken a can of lubricant with a straw to try to flush it. That works one time in ten.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and rydplrs

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Perhaps that zerk is Chinese. You may need to use Chinese grease. Or a grease gun translator.

Sorry, I get this way when I am real tired. Hard to notice these days as I have been that tired for most of the last 12 years.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
37 Posts
1025R, 9 months, 130 hours. I greased the loader yesterday but one of the lower pins wouldn't take any grease.

Took the zerk out and grease goes through it. Went back out this a.m. and removed the zerk and stuck a drill bit in the hole of the pin. No obstruction. Tried to grease it again, no good. Applied heat with a torch until I got liquified grease running out. Tried to grease it, no good.

I see there's a nut on the inside of the pin. If I remove it can I tap the pin right out? How much trouble can I get in here?
On the other hand, if I just ignored it it would probably outlive me as is. View attachment 783848
I'm very suspicious of that location and grease fitting. I have 20 hours on my 1025R and that exact fitting (pin) had a grease pathway that wasn't drilled all the way to the center, therefore not allowing any grease to pass through to the surface of the mating surfaces. Yours looks like it may have taken grease before or the grease I'm seeing is from attempting to grease it. If you remove the zert fitting and you can pump grease through the zert than the problem is the pin. It's either plugged or you have a defective pin like I had and it needs to be drilled through or replaced. Either way the pathway is obstructed. Remove the pin with the loader in the down position to inspect the pathway hole in the center of the pin. Just a heads up.... the actuator may creep just a tiny bit making it a bit of a struggle to get the pin aligned to reinstall it. If I were to do it again I would place a socket in the end as I drove the pin out. Using a small punch you can drive the pin out through the socket leaving the socket in just enough to keep everything aligned. When you drive the pin back in you will push the socket back out and save yourself a lot of hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.