Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1025R, 9 months, 130 hours. I greased the loader yesterday but one of the lower pins wouldn't take any grease.

Took the zerk out and grease goes through it. Went back out this a.m. and removed the zerk and stuck a drill bit in the hole of the pin. No obstruction. Tried to grease it again, no good. Applied heat with a torch until I got liquified grease running out. Tried to grease it, no good.

I see there's a nut on the inside of the pin. If I remove it can I tap the pin right out? How much trouble can I get in here?
On the other hand, if I just ignored it it would probably outlive me as is.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
I would try moving that joint to different positions and try pump grease thru the zerk until it flows and oozes.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,360 Posts
Pull the pin.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah try moving the loader into different positions then if it still won't take grease I'd be taking it apart to see why.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Does your grease gun coupler lock in good? The lock-n-lube i have will pump almost every time but my basic grease coupler will blow out the side almost every time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your grease gun coupler lock in good? The lock-n-lube i have will pump almost every time but my basic grease coupler will blow out the side almost every time.
Yes, it's a lock-n-lube.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
You know to twist a standard coupler to tighten them on? I didn’t until about the time I bought a lock n lube

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Pull the pins and clean it then grease it regularly to prevent it from clogging again.
I wouldn't heat it but I have taken a can of lubricant with a straw to try to flush it. That works one time in ten.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and rydplrs

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Perhaps that zerk is Chinese. You may need to use Chinese grease. Or a grease gun translator.

Sorry, I get this way when I am real tired. Hard to notice these days as I have been that tired for most of the last 12 years.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
1 - 11 of 11 Posts