Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever do any mod to their FEL for better snow capture. Making it more of a snow pusher?
I have been toying with the idea.

I really should just purchase one of those HLA snow pushers

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I bought a 61" bucket to replace the 49" factory buck on my 1025R. It was an improvement, but it wasn't a game changer.

For the last two winters, I've been using an HLA snow pusher on the 3320 and I've got no regrets having spent that money. The time saved with a snow pusher is measurable as you don't have to raise and dump each bucket of snow. You simply raise the snow pusher an inch or two off the ground and start backing up to where you want to begin your next push.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Took and old western plow and made Jdqh for it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Took and old western plow and made Jdqh for it.
That thing is awesome. It looks huge. How big is it exactly? How much snow have you pushed with it?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I’ve seen guys take a big tractor tire, cut it in half and make a snow pusher out of it. Been keeping my eye out for one for free or cheap. Haven’t found one big enough yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
If you were closer

I’ve seen guys take a big tractor tire, cut it in half and make a snow pusher out of it. Been keeping my eye out for one for free or cheap. Haven’t found one big enough yet.
LOL, if you were closer I know where I could get you several. You have to pay to get rid of them here so it's not hard to find worn out tires. I'll bet any tire shop dealing with farm tires can line you up pretty quickly. Cutting it might be a chore.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
That thing is awesome. It looks huge. How big is it exactly? How much snow have you pushed with it?
I think it’s the angle of the picture. It’s a 7’ western plow. I’ve pushed a lot of snow with it especially all chained up. Depends on The type of snow also, light fluffy or wet.

LOL, if you were closer I know where I could get you several. You have to pay to get rid of them here so it's not hard to find worn out tires. I'll bet any tire shop dealing with farm tires can line you up pretty quickly. Cutting it might be a chore.

Treefarmer
Yea I haven’t looked to hard, with the plow I build I really don’t need one but thought it be cool to make and have one. Plus I find a tire (cur in half) could make two and put one on my cousin’s 790. He just uses the bucket and back blade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts