Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 1025R I got in January. Love it. But I have been wondering about one thing. On the left fender top, between the fuel gauge and the fuel fill hole there is a narrow dip in the plastic. It's to shallow to be a storage area. There are 4 small slots and 2 small holes in the bottom of it. It just looks like something should snap into it. What is this supposed to be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was an answer ever found to the question? I just bought a 1025R (upgraded from a 2305) in fall and I'm curious about this as well.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,107 Posts
There are some aftermarket accessories like a 3D printed cup holder that go in that space but nothing official from Deere as far as I know.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
129 Posts
i use it to hold my clips that hold the bucket and forks to the FEL arms. My one clip the thing that tethers the clip to the tractor was broken when i bought it so when i remove that clip i inadvertently carry it in my hand back to my seat and will just place it there while i drop one attachment for another. I do agree that the area should have been used for something. Lets not even talk about the fuel gauge that is as worthless as they come.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,107 Posts
Lets not even talk about the fuel gauge that is as worthless as they come.
For the price of these machines I'd really like to see a fuel gauge and 4WD indicator on the dash display.

·
Registered
129 Posts
For the price of these machines I'd really like to see a fuel gauge and 4WD indicator on the dash display.
I agree... I wish the 4wd lever was better and an indicator on the dash. The fuel gauge is terrible. At night for get seeing it. Why not have it on the dash with a back light. It's like they got so far into the design of the machine and said meh make it like a 1980s lawn mower.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i use it to hold my clips that hold the bucket and forks to the FEL arms.
It took me a while but I finally got in the habit of snapping the clips into the holes that are cast in the bucket holders right above the pin. I busted the cable and scraped one of my clips off shortly after getting the tractor. I think I saw a video of someone snapping those pins into the tabs and it was a forehead slapping moment for me. I only forget about 10% of the time now.

I have no idea what goes in the fender hole, though.

Reactions: csnyder750

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
That’s where you mount your machine gun.
Ive laid my gloves in that spot and they don’t fall out surprisingly

Reactions: George 87

·
Registered
129 Posts
It took me a while but I finally got in the habit of snapping the clips into the holes that are cast in the bucket holders right above the pin. I busted the cable and scraped one of my clips off shortly after getting the tractor. I think I saw a video of someone snapping those pins into the tabs and it was a forehead slapping moment for me. I only forget about 10% of the time now.

I have no idea what goes in the fender hole, though.
i try and snap them in those holes but if i forget i usually have that one in my hand so i put it there. i do like the idea of it being for my machine gun tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts