Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever thought about using one of these on their 1 series? I have deep ditches and was wondering if anyone had looked into it?

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Anyone ever thought about using one of these on their 1 series? I have deep ditches and was wondering if anyone had looked into it?
I don't think the 1 series has enough weight to handle this attachment. They're looking for a minimum of a 1600# tractor. Might be close but a larger frame tractor would offer greater stability.

Reactions: maxx06

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
That's the first boom/flail combo mower I've ever seen that was designed for a compact tractor. All the others I've ever seen required a lot more HP. I wonder what that beast costs....

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's the first boom/flail combo mower I've ever seen that was designed for a compact tractor. All the others I've ever seen required a lot more HP. I wonder what that beast costs....
Based on what I paid for my ZME155 Slope Mower I would bet it's around $9k or more. If you won't have to pick it up a lot while mowing (let the head float taking the weight off the tractor) you should be ok if you don't jerk it around. Worst case, unless you have it up in the air cutting trees you're only going to tip till it touches the ground. I've been in a situation like this with my slope mower a couple times and I just set it on the ground and slide it back in behind the tractor before picking it up. I would recommend all of the wheel weights you can put on the opposite side. If you don't really need the full extension of the boom mower a slope mower will mow down over an edge a few ft and is much more useful for other tasks.

2014-04-12 15.54.27e.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a property with 16 small ponds and a creek running down the middle.. I am coveting one of these for my 2520. Now i back up with a 5 ft BH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts