Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some friends over for a feed, and in the process, a nice Beef Tenderloin was scarfed up and the wine stocks reduced.

Problem was, leftovers, and what to do three days later. Trimming out a Tenderloin for Fillet's, leaves some darn good beef in odd shaped bits, with no purpose.
Can't disrespect a fine critter like that. Something had to be done. Good thing Tenderloin is a perfect replacement for beef heart. :lol:

The smaller chunks were diced up, leaving two larger pieces of the Tenderloin "Tail" whole.
Flopped in flour, salt, pepper to coat, and then quickly seared on high heat, with 3 Garlic cloves and set aside.

From there a Sweet Red Onion was halved and sliced, and a handful of Baby Bella's washed and sliced.

The red Onion then sauteed in the pan drippings of the Beef, and garlic, and a shot of EVOO until semi translucent.
Approx 4 Tbsp of butter added, along with about 1/2 cup Sangiovese(Chianti will work too), approx 1/4 cup of beef stock, and allowed to reduce to a point of just less than "Runny"...it's a feel thing, you'll know it when it's like cream. Stir occaisionally. Once there, reduce heat to Med low.

At this point, get the Cavatappi swimming in salted boiling water. It's a timing thing.

Then add the Portabella's, some fresh chopped Rosemary and oregano...about 1Tbsp, and watch the 'Shrooms.
They will first release their moisture and then relax, and absorb the juices around them. At that point stir in the beef...and lower heat to low, add 1/2 cup of pasta water.

The cavatappi should be half done at this point, drain and add, and stir/shake to coat the Pasta, while it absorbs and takes in the sauce as it finishes cooking to "El dente".

Plate it up with one of the larger pieces on top, with fresh grated Parm, and a sprinke of Fresh Arugala, and Mangia Mangia Mangia!!!:lol:

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work but it sure looks good at the end. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a lot of work but it sure looks good at the end. :thumbup1gif:
Thanks!!

It's a pretty quick and easy dish really.

Writing it out took much longer than making it.:lol:

30min tops. Probably less, if you don't have distractions.:lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I think I am going to need to make a "road trip" to MI, when I get my airplane!!! :fed:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
I give up......

I have no idea what the title to this recipe is. :lol:

Can you give me a recipe title that I can use so I can add it to the cookbook thread?

I swear, I'm going to have to demand samples from these recipes before they're added to the cookbook thread. You know, for Quality Control issues. Yeah. That's it. Call it Quality Control.:laugh: :fed:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I give up......

I have no idea what the title to this recipe is. :lol:

Can you give me a recipe title that I can use so I can add it to the cookbook thread?

I swear, I'm going to have to demand samples from these recipes before they're added to the cookbook thread. You know, for Quality Control issues. Yeah. That's it. Call it Quality Control.:laugh: :fed:

Sorry about that Shadow...

How about "Beef Tenderloin Cavatappi, with Onions, Sangiovese, and Portabella."?
Italian to 'Merican it ain't, but folks should get the drift.

If you're in this neck of the woods, gimme a holler that you're inbound, and stop in.
Could probably dig something up for ya!;)

Thanks for transferring it over!!

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Thanks for the invite! :thumbup1gif:

It's in the cookbook thread now.:drinks:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts