Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a small leak which i believe is coming from a upper seal on my hydro trans, anyway when i try and top off system it will not let me add enough to fill it actually cant even get it close, seems to get air locked or something, any ideas???? i have tried running, non running, moving machine..........:unknown:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah,sounds like vapor lock.Common problem.Best way is to take the sight tube loose back by the rear end.
That will allow it to vent and fill up.Just be careful not to overfill it or it goes all over the floor.
Best to have 2 folks when doing it this way.One to pour,one to watch or put a drip pan back there.

AJ

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
it will not let me add enough to fill it actually cant even get it close, seems to get air locked or something,
If you've done this before,then you know it's a very slow process............correct?
I would check the plastic 90 degree elbow that is threaded into the trans from the fill tube. It has a vent hole. If that is plugged you will get the "air lock" deal.
If you have to try AJ's method,make sure to remove the plastic hose from the TOP of the sight glass.
That way you will still be able to see the fluid rising and catch it in time.:)

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts