Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fisher:

Are those the old John Deere days movies? If so, they could be worth something. ERTL put them on DVDs as a nostalgic set. Ebay would be your best bet, with a reserve.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Are they movies or film strips? When the New Generation of Power was introduced, the dealers each had a portable film strip player with 45 rpm records to take to farmers so they could see the new tractors. I believe that I still have one some place. It was cutting edge at the time. As I recall, the film strips came in small cans, a bit larger than 35mm film.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DRobinson, They are film strips in the cans,records and the player. These films are about the new line of equipment,3020's,4020's and up planters,tillage and so forth.I was just courious what these things might be worth? I purchased these at a auction sale in a box of junk.Thanks for the input

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
DRobinson, They are film strips in the cans,records and the player. These films are about the new line of equipment,3020's,4020's and up planters,tillage and so forth.I was just courious what these things might be worth? I purchased these at a auction sale in a box of junk.Thanks for the input
I don't have any idea what they are worth. You might snoop around www.greenmagazine.com

A lot of JD collectors read it. They often have articles on advertising items. Most come from, I believe Greg Stephan. I may not have the name correct, but he is a former JD dealer and collector.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts