Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, trying to decide if a tow behind Fimco 30 gal at $299 or a Fimco 40 gallon 3ph at $375 would be the better buy for my 1025R. Both from Tractor Supply. Anyone have them? Both have wands and booms. Something says to me (I have not seen both, only the 3 pt) the components in the 3pt, would be better quality, cuz of not having to build the cart. Anyone have the good, bad or ugly on them?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Another to consider—I bought the BXpanded 25 gallon 3 point sprayer for my 1025R and am very happy with it. It is a northstar (Northern Tool brand) sprayer with a 3 point mount made by BXpanded. I liked the size and empty weight of it compared to the 40 gallon models.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Fimco 40 gallon sprayer and it works very well. I replaced the electrical plug with one that plugs into the 12v outlet on the fender to make it easier. If you have a 3pt hitch, I would get a sprayer setup to utilize it. It's pretty handy to be able to adjust the height of the spray quickly and effortlessly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 40 gal. won't fit my iMatch. :banghead:

Too short and too skinny.

It's much better than a tow behind I think; easier to get lined up on side by side passes. Plus, it's a little less room in the garage.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I am watching this thread. I was going to build a 3pt conversion but the local Mills Fleet Farm has the 40 gallon Fimco on sale for $299 this week.

I don't have iMatch but have a cheap HF Quick hitch. I am curious on how it will mate up being I welded my top hook in place a while back...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've only used my Fimco 40 gal twice but it has worked well. My 2 acres are bumpy and I've seen no sign of the plastic bottom leaking. I replaced the washer on the drain, but other than that it has been problem free.

I plan to use it to spray water on an area I need to work with my loader to keep the dust down.

I lost the spray tip on the wand, and they mailed me a free replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the TSC 40 gallon FIMCO three point unit and it is a good piece of equipment. I use Round Up and SURFLAN in a tank mix with surficant and it sprays well with the boom or hand sprayer.

I did upgrade the plastic boom spray nozzles with brass tee jet brand spray nozzles and heads.

I have pasture areas that are bumpy and hilly so the three point works out best.

I've sprayed about 900 gallons through it so far in the past two years with no issue.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am watching this thread. I was going to build a 3pt conversion but the local Mills Fleet Farm has the 40 gallon Fimco on sale for $299 this week.

I don't have iMatch but have a cheap HF Quick hitch. I am curious on how it will mate up being I welded my top hook in place a while back...
Problem is if you ship it is an additional 98 bucks due to size. Looks like TS is a good deal. Now if they'd put it on sale!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

Fleet farm does have it on sale. Must.........resist.........urge........

Been pondering switching to liquid spray instead of granulated as the granulated has gotten ridiculously expensive, even the store branded stuff. Plus the liquid is rain fast quicker from what I’ve read. I’m tired of having to find four straight days of no rain for granulated weed killer to be applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Problem is if you ship it is an additional 98 bucks due to size. Looks like TS is a good deal. Now if they'd put it on sale!

Yeah, I figured it would be cost prohibitive to ship for you. I mainly posted the link in the event someone that had a store near them might take advantage of the sale. Just be sure to leave me one at the Oakdale location.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Fleet farm does have it on sale. Must.........resist.........urge........

Been pondering switching to liquid spray instead of granulated as the granulated has gotten ridiculously expensive, even the store branded stuff. Plus the liquid is rain fast quicker from what I’ve read. I’m tired of having to find four straight days of no rain for granulated weed killer to be applied.

If it helps, when I was flipping through the ad I did notice the fine print....

*Not available at Clintonville, Fond du Lac, Manitowoc or West Bend.
Not sure if any of those are your local store.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I have the HF quick hitch. I extended the top hook out and I run it in the bottom holes. Works great!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I have the HF quick hitch. I extended the top hook out and I run it in the bottom holes. Works great!
This is where I welded my top hook. I was having interference issues with the bolts and my Heavy Hitch.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like Fimco. If I need something, I drive across the bridge and pay them a visit.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If it helps, when I was flipping through the ad I did notice the fine print....

Not sure if any of those are your local store.
I’ve got a Fleet Farm 2 miles from my front door in Beaver Dam. They have such loyal customers that the Home Depot that opened in town only lasted three years. It’s been gone for at least 10 years. The old building is now owned by Metalcraft of Mayville.

·
Registered
56 Posts
...trying to decide if a tow behind...or a...3ph...
Unless you're yard / field is smooth, the 3 point hitch is the only way to go. Tow behind versions are less expensive, but fragile. Additionally, with the booms collapsed/removed, you can travel into some awkward spots (between trees, rough terrain, etc) to use the wand without worrying about the tow behind getting banged up or jack-knifed.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Picked up the 40 gallon FIMC yesterday. Pretty much put together. Need some bushings for it yet so another trip to FF. Still need to modify the wiring as well to 12V cig.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve got a Fleet Farm 2 miles from my front door in Beaver Dam. They have such loyal customers that the Home Depot that opened in town only lasted three years. It’s been gone for at least 10 years. The old building is now owned by Metalcraft of Mayville.

You are lucky. Home Depot kind of stinks anymore here too.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You are lucky. Home Depot kind of stinks anymore here too.

Home Depot failed to do any market or pricing research. I walked in once with my soon to be brother in law. They had snowblowers out for sale that were anywhere from 50-350 dollars more expensive than Fleet Farm. People laughed, went to Fleet Farm and bought a snowblower. The Home Depot in Beaver Dam didn’t even make it three years.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I purchased the 30 Gallon Fimco Sprayer last year at Tractor Supply. I like the unit, but have one major complaint. The unit is so narrow that it is very unstable on any kind of slope. The placement of the tank also creates a stop heavy situation. I pull it with our quad and x590. In each case you need to be cognizant of the terrain. I know this as it has rolled twice :banghead::banghead: The unit survived very well with the exception of the hitch which required some hammering. Once was on a slope on our yard and the other was when I had it in the woods spraying weeds. In the case of the later, I actually hit a depression with one wheel and when it came out it was so unstable the top heavy load rolled it. Operator error is a factor of course. If I was to shop for a towable sprayer again, I would look for something with a wider and better balanced design. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts