Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have been paying attention to some of the other sections you might have noticed that my 2305 has been sold.

I've also sold the rotary cutter that I just finished because it will not fit on my new tractor....

Now in the rotary cutter thread I had, it seemed like I invested more that it was worth. I got lucky... it made the tractor worth more....:thumbup1gif:

My new tractor that will be comming home with me tomorrow isn't green. Given that I won't post much about it here.

I will say that the hardest decision to make was with regards to this forum. If I don't own a green tractor, will they still let me in...?????

This is by far the best bunch of folks that I have ever had the chance to meet over the www!

So to fix that....I am in the process of acquiring an old 40 series....

I should be going after it next weekend. Those pictures I will post.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Good luck with the new tractor...Did you at least keep your hat?:unknown::greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My new tractor that will be comming home with me tomorrow isn't green.
I really wouldn't die if I saw something un-green, and it's really none of my business... But was it features or $'s that most influenced you to wash out the green ones?

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wouldn't die if I saw something un-green, and it's really none of my business... But was it features or $'s that most influenced you to wash out the green ones?
I didn't wash out of green, just this one isn't.

Probably save to say the only new JD's I'd look at are old ones.

It was the service, or lack thereof that I went to another dealer.

One Walmart JD shop owns all of the dealers in west Tn. I tried 3 times to trade for a 2720 and once for a 3005. And then they stood so far behind the POS battery they sold me that you couldn't see them. They don't want my business, and they made that very clear. I felt obliged to go somewhere else.

I don't really care for the Mother Deere "Big Dealership" policy either. I'm a small town, local business, kind of guy.

As for the difference in tractors. Its a Ford/Chevy thing. The $ and the features all average out. I'm color blind when it comes to toys....:greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
rtgt,
Sounds like you made the right decision for yourself and ya know, that's what it is all about.
Wishing you the best of luck and thank you for your contributions on GTT, I know I have enjoyed them.

Keith

·
Registered
892 Posts
You know they do sell green paint. ;)

Really though, good luck man.

Jim

·
Administrator
17,975 Posts
So what did you get?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:munch: I would like to know as well!! And at great risk for asking...want pics. Of both tractors

Oh yeah, is the person who brought the 2305 going to join forum? Gotta keep our #'s up

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Nobody has ever gotten into any trouble for posting pics of other colors here. You may get a little rib-jam or two, but no trouble. We are all friends here. Heck, we have a few members without tractors! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Ahem.

Non-Deere Tractors

:thumbup1gif: So, what'd you get?

Glad to hear you found something that works for you! Green or not, we'd still like to have you and your tractor around. Heck, they let me stay and I still have an IH license plate on my truck. :mocking: The sense of community here is great, and unlike a lot of sites I really don't think anyone will be upset that you didn't buy "their" brand. Dealers are a big part of the tractor process, and if TriGreen hadn't been so good there's a very real possibility I would have a New Holland. Have to find what works for you.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Ahem.

Non-Deere Tractors

:thumbup1gif: So, what'd you get?

Glad to hear you found something that works for you! Green or not, we'd still like to have you and your tractor around. Heck, they let me stay and I still have an IH license plate on my truck. :mocking: The sense of community here is great, and unlike a lot of sites I really don't think anyone will be upset that you didn't buy "their" brand. Dealers are a big part of the tractor process, and if TriGreen hadn't been so good there's a very real possibility I would have a New Holland. Have to find what works for you.
Good one 56.
So there rtgt, not so fast! :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
I agree with the others , no shame in not owning green. I know I would like to hear and see what you bought . You was a friend with green , still a friend with what ever the color of new tractor.

I'm with you , this deal of Deere and other companies wanting big mega shop, is hurting this country. Running Mom & Dad out of business in 2 or 3 small towns just so we Deere (or what ever company) can they can have 1 large business. I can see some of this , know the company only has to deliver to one location , instead of 2 or 3 and running another 100 miles or so to deliver the same # of items.
Now the cost factor starts coming to factor. Mom and Dad would be happy with say $500 profit (or what ever the amount) compared to the mega dealer , they need $1000-1500 to keep the doors open. Same for shop and parts, yes sometimes the mega store will sell some items at a reduced price to get us in the door. But the majority of the time everything is still selling for more than Mom and Dad would have sold it for.

When the SIL was building a deck in eastern Panhandle of WV , he shopped Low ,84 , Home De and a local owned shop. The local owned shop, had better grade lumber , free delivery, any boards that we felt was not usable were replaced , they picked up and delivered the replacement boards and a savings of over $300.00. His deck was 24'x16' yes a large deck but a nice savings.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I too am interested in what you bought! I fully understand the dealer thing. If I have the time, I shop other than my local dealer, and order online. Local dealer knows they are the only game around for 40-50 miles, and knows some will buy from them, just to save the drive time. Heck, I even buy my battery, shear bolts, etc., at the local Kubota dealer, because they always welcome me like family, when I walk in the door!

One of the Deere dealers that I tried to shop at, when he asked for my address, he mentioned that I should be buying from my local dealer, not him. Told him I didn't like my local dealer. Evidently, Deere has encouraged dealers to not try to "take" another dealer's customers. :unknown:

This girl still believes in customer service, and feeling like she is appreciated!!

I certainly hope that you don't leave the forum, because of buying other than green. We are family here!

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your comments and support. It means alot.

This is a great site and and the worlds best bunch of folks. :good2:

I may have traded my tractor, but I'll never trade friends.

I'll start a thread in the other tractors section and post the pictures there.

And to answer one of the questions, I did leave a card in the owners manual with this website address with the comment "If you have any questions...go here"

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Nobody has ever gotten into any trouble for posting pics of other colors here. You may get a little rib-jam or two, but no trouble. We are all friends here. Heck, we have a few members without tractors! :lol:
A little late to the party, but I would fall into this category. I've found that just the knowledge base and vast backgrounds is a big help to those of us that don't own a tractor yet. It helps us make a more informed decision on what to buy when we do get the opportunity. I've learned more about hydraulics, electrical, diesel engines (and I grew up on a farm), fabrication and such that I ever could have imagined from this sight. Plus honest, straight forward answers that aren't based on making a profit like the parts counters are at Deere. Hope to see you back, even if the tractor color changes.

Tony

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A little late to the party, but I would fall into this category. I've found that just the knowledge base and vast backgrounds is a big help to those of us that don't own a tractor yet. It helps us make a more informed decision on what to buy when we do get the opportunity. I've learned more about hydraulics, electrical, diesel engines (and I grew up on a farm), fabrication and such that I ever could have imagined from this sight. Plus honest, straight forward answers that aren't based on making a profit like the parts counters are at Deere. Hope to see you back, even if the tractor color changes.

Tony
cheesetrain,

Thank you for your comments. I agree with your thoughts 100%.

There is a wealth of knowledge here. And a bit of fun.

I'm not going anywhere, and I am very thankful for the support.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
cheesetrain,

You'd better not!!!!

Yes, all joking aside, this is the best group of folks I think I have ever seen assembled in one place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
cheesetrain,

With your new trade you may needed more product support (rib jab) :D

Sent from the great white of West Michigan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts