Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first 11 months i waited for a 1025r then when i called the dealer and was told sorry I changed the order to a 2032r and here it is.
Here is a pix of the first twig picked up, the first . JD root grapple is a beast

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Nice ride and attachment choices. You'll love the 2032:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

NICE

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice ride and attachment choices. You'll love the 2032:bigthumb:
its a great tractor but i have found two things i don't like; 1. hard to see over the hood 2. the ignition key is down low and hidden by the curve of the dash. The root grapple i love/

The high hood make it hard to see to attach and detach loader implements

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
its a great tractor but i have found two things i don't like; 1. hard to see over the hood 2. the ignition key is down low and hidden by the curve of the dash. The root grapple i love/

The high hood make it hard to see to attach and detach loader implements[/QUOTE]
u will get used to attaching implements fast enough--and the key is low enough on my 2520 too. never borthered me to much till the last yr--ole Arthur makes it hard to turn it some days-with gloves on its easier.

so what else did u get on ur new :greentractorride: did u go for the Top cylinder on the 3 pt?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Congrats. The wait is finally over!

·
Premium Member
7,569 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. :kidw_truck_smiley:

Sure took long enough. :munch:

I understand the fat hood. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

The high hood make it hard to see to attach and detach loader implements
Don't try to look over the top. Look on the sides. You can see each end of the loader quickmount if you do that.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

The high hood make it hard to see to attach and detach loader implements[/QUOTE]
u will get used to attaching implements fast enough--and the key is low enough on my 2520 too. never borthered me to much till the last yr--ole Arthur makes it hard to turn it some days-with gloves on its easier.

so what else did u get on ur new :greentractorride: did u go for the Top cylinder on the 3 pt?
I had them install the dual service valves for tilt trim, They don't sell the hydraulic cylinders so i gotta go find them elsewhere. Power beyond installed, 270B backhoe< bh really cuts down on the tractors ability to navigate rough terrain cause it is low and sticks out behind so it hits stuff when you go down a short decline like roadside ditch>. I also bought the JD 42 inch pallet forks and the dealer welded hooks on the loader bucket for the 220R loader without charge. They put three on without my even asking. Just that cost $37,700.
I have several other implements ancient but serviceable like a tiller, disc. rear blade, Ford post hole digger and bush hog brush hog.
I just cant seem to get it to pull hawthorn trees out by the roots so i let the toothy root grapple hit them a couple of times then clamp them and pull up.

What other implements would you recommend?

The 2032r is a whole lot more tractor than the 1025r i waited a year for but it never came and I'm glad it didn't even though the 2032rwas $15,000 more but has features not available on the 1025r

First job at very first startup with unskilled driver<me> twig pix
That was taken on the edge of the BLM road that crosses my land and it has the shallow drainage ditch along side it which with the bh installed results in asphalt injuries

Attachments

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Congratulations! That wait is incredible but I'm glad it work out!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Nice tractor, and a great backhoe,,
I noticed that under your name you said that you are gonna drain Oregon,,
Well,, you now have the right equipment to do it!! :good2:

:mocking:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations! That wait is incredible but I'm glad it work out!
Thanks. Actually worked out for the better cause i had ordered a 102r tlb but then my bigger tractor an old Ford started dripping power steering fluid which reminded me i had not yet heard from the dealer a yaer latter do went in and changed the order. The 2032r is a very nice small tractor

Where did you get your trim tilt cylinders? Mine is equipped with the dual service valves

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice tractor, and a great backhoe,,
I noticed that under your name you said that you are gonna drain Oregon,,
Well,, you now have the right equipment to do it!! :good2:

Chuckle..:lol::laugh:...thats funny. When i discovered the area i wondered why anyone would name a town Drain, was it the spot all the winter flood waters went through or what? Well the name is the last name of the guy that founded the town. To drain western Oregon would be a real job ............:greentractorride::usa

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. Did the dealer mention why such a long wait? Mine mentioned that the wait was due to Yanmar being behind on engines after all the severe weather Japan has had over the last few years, they can't get caught up.

When getting quoted for a 3033R in July I was told it would be a late February delivery, so 7 months. That's when I considered saying give me 50% off the uncharge to grab that 3039R on your lot and we are in business. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Why did it take so long to get the tractor after ordering? I see loads of those tractors here at the local dealer's lot. I'm just curious about it. Waiting a year for the original order to show up then switching to another model at a higher cost. Going to a different model is OK, but you got the higher cost model in four months? Just sounds weird to me. More like bait & switch & hope your in for the switch part of the deal. Just asking. I no longer trust any of these dealers. There not working for you, there working for Deere Co.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You have the patience of Job. I can't imagine waiting half that long for a tractor. Congratulations. Glad to hear that you are happy with the one you finally got, and, that you are getting it dirty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts