Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had purchased a 8 row 7100 planter, but it was one of the very early ones and parts was hard to get. I pushed it aside and kept my eyes peeled and found a newer 7100 that had the updated boxes with radial bean meters and I picked it up last week. Yesterday, i started changing it from 30" to 36" spacing and converting it into a 3 row. I left the transmission mounted in same spot and that will be on the right side so it wont be in the road when I transport it on the trailer. I took both carrier wheels and mounted them between the rows so it will ride smoother, I have to buy a corn meter and I will be able to do Beans, corn, and sunflowers. I figured it would be about 1100 pounds when completed and am fairly confident the 3033R and the 3046R will have no problem carrying it and pulling it. I will build hydraulic markers as soon as I go thru everything and get it field ready. Hoppers and lids are good so i think it will be fairly simple when i get it all straightened out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pictures!? IMO, small(er) planters don't get enough attention.

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Love the title. Finally almost done. Sounds like something I would say.
Oh and

WHAT THEY SAID 👆 Pictures

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
I hope he's okay, been awhile trying to get those pics taken.
Purple Violet Art Font Circle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there is a preliminary picture. Now have to build the hitch part where I can move it around easy and will be able to get it in the shop to start the “pretty up” process.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Looks good but I would build the hitch and see how they pick it up. That looks like it is going to be close to max & possibly on the high side of close. Or are you using the hydraulic lift on the unit itself?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would love to have a 3 row 7100 with 3 ph and no till. I’m still planting with 2 row covington planters that are over 50 years old.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good but I would build the hitch and see how they pick it up. That looks like it is going to be close to max & possibly on the high side of close. Or are you using the hydraulic lift on the unit itself?
No I am using the 3 point hitch or at least I hope to. Both tractors are rated for over 2000 pound 24"s out from rear lift ends so I hope I got it covered. I figured this entire rig is less than 1200 pounds. I could build a cradle system but I think I will be good. I used a 2 row and my tractor man handled it fairly easy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks great! Thanks.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
As one of my sons coworkers was fond of saying 5 minutes into a project at a pause, "Well ain't nothin left to do but finish her up"

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 12 of 12 Posts