Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted a small hydraulic dump trailer for quite a few years now, but for some things (non Deere) you need the jaws of life to get my wallet open. I thought "I can easily build that", and have been watching for deals on the stuff to put it together. All I have in all this time is four new Deere lawn tractor wheels with tires that I got at a flea market for $40.
Bit the bullet and got it for $300 off list which put it at $1950; seems expensive to me but it is pretty neat. 3000 lbs. capacity, 4 ft. X 6 ft. with tandem walking beams. I added ABS sheet to the floor and caulked all seams with JD combine sealant (it's green and paintable) to stop rust from bleeding out. I also converted the drawbar to a ball type coupler.

Regards, Tom

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Now that is a nice little trailer. :thumbup1gif: You will be able to haul a lot of stuff with that. I am assuming that the hydraulics are run off of the tractor? I have a 5 x 8 dump trailer and the hydraulics are all self contained on the unit. It runs off a battery and can tow it on road. I use my 2520 to pull it around on the property.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Nice, real nice. Someday I might get one, for now I use my snowbear utility trailer :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.