Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up from my local dealer, literally live so close that I just drove the tractor home. Here she is:

I was very pleased with the price I paid, my salesman was very polite and professional and went over all operations with me in extreme detail. I love the tractor, can't wait to have some real fun with it. The only thing I had a problem with is I didn't get a full tank of fuel, not even 1/4 tank, it was filthy when it was delivered, and couple scratches on it I'd love to see them at least try to fix or give me some free paint.

Besides those small issues I love it, my dad came over and drove it around and loves it, the kids love it, heck I think even my wife loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats man on the tractor purchase. Sure looks shiny and new in the pictures! Jump on it and before you do anything else just drive it under a tree with low hanging branches. Put a couple scratches on it yourself, let the heart ache of it pass, and then you will be ready for many years of enjoyment with it.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Congrats good looking tractor. It's nice you live so close to dealer hopefully a great one. Glad your wife likes it that half the battle. Have fun and Be Safe:good2:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Congratulations! Fun for the whole family alright. Your weather looks mighty nice compared to mine right now. My 1025 would sink if I pulled it out of the barn. Good on you for splurging for the backhoe, they are very fun to operate and work surprisingly well if you don't try and wrestle with heavy tree roots too much.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Looks great! And it looks like you have some work waiting on it. If you're going to use it and not just look at it you won't see any scratches after it's used. None that will matter anyway. They will blend right in with the ones you put on it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Looks great! And it looks like you have some work waiting on it. If you're going to use it and not just look at it you won't see any scratches after it's used. None that will matter anyway. They will blend right in with the ones you put on it. :bigthumb:
You got that right! I was more proud of my JD than any other tractor I have had. The first BIG scratches hurt a little but I got over it fairly quick. It's impossible to use it and not acquire scratches. I wax the tractor once a year for several reasons. One of those is to help with resale when the time comes, but I suppose the main reason is simply because I like shiny green paint. The waxed surfaces does seem to help limbs, weeds, briars, and everything else that one can encounter slide on the surfaces rather than having a surface they can get some traction on.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
jhays, do you mind if I ask where you bought the childrens tractor toy and bout how much it set you back?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Enjoy the new tractor

Best wishes for you and your new machine. I have the same one. You will love using it.

Don

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice to have it home for the first time, nice and shiny new. Having the wife liking is great, mine thinks it was the best purchase I made. :bigthumb: You have the same color and model truck in the back ground as mine. What year Tundra is that. Mine is a 2014.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jhays, do you mind if I ask where you bought the childrens tractor toy and bout how much it set you back?
I bought it at Christmas at Tractor Supply. It's made by Peg Perego, there are several different models including a pedal powered tractor so be careful to read what you're getting before you buy. It's normally $399 for this model with loader and trailer. It was on sale for $299. However, check your JD dealer because mine sells it normally for $275.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice to have it home for the first time, nice and shiny new. Having the wife liking is great, mine thinks it was the best purchase I made. :bigthumb: You have the same color and model truck in the back ground as mine. What year Tundra is that. Mine is a 2014.
Mine is a 2008, bought it new, has 45K on it now, 35K towing that 10,000lbs Outback trailer in the background everywhere from Michigan to Florida. It's been trusty and reliable.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride: Nice, real nice, now put her to work:thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::drinks::clapping:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sharp looking machine, looks just like mine...no regrets and I've had it about 8 months now

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
527 Posts
:bigthumb: Congrats on the new tractor. Time to accessorize, the little ones tractor has a jump on you with the toothbar and wagon! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Picked her up from my local dealer, literally live so close that I just drove the tractor home. Here she is:

I was very pleased with the price I paid, my salesman was very polite and professional and went over all operations with me in extreme detail. I love the tractor, can't wait to have some real fun with it. The only thing I had a problem with is I didn't get a full tank of fuel, not even 1/4 tank, it was filthy when it was delivered, and couple scratches on it I'd love to see them at least try to fix or give me some free paint.

Besides those small issues I love it, my dad came over and drove it around and loves it, the kids love it, heck I think even my wife loves it.

Looks like your new tractor already found itself a little buddy. lol

Well at least you didn't run out of fuel on the way home.
Some dealerships aren't smart enough to have a skid tank on the property to fuel up whatever you're selling. One place I worked for would send the clean up guy for gas almost daily. He would load 6-5 gallon cans without lids into the back of the shop truck. Whatever was left in the cans when he got back was dumped into a gas buddy with a funnel. Maybe 4 of the 5 gallons purchased actually made it into a bike.

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pics. Have fun and be safe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts