Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to wait until July before I brush hog the trails and open areas at the farm. This is to give the fawns time to get big enough to get up and move when the tractor approaches. It has been either too wet or too hot the first few days of July.

I had to do some work on the brush hog before I could start. Before the first hour, I had a flat front tire. I lost 2 1/2 hours repairing it. I have, in the past, fixed a front flat in about an hour, I am getting old and slow :flag_of_truce:Then back hogging for 5 hours. :hi:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I like to wait until July before I brush hog the trails and open areas at the farm. This is to give the fawns time to get big enough to get up and move when the tractor approaches. It has been either too wet or too hot the first few days of July.

I had to do some work on the brush hog before I could start. Before the first hour, I had a flat front tire. I lost 2 1/2 hours repairing it. I have, in the past, fixed a front flat in about an hour, I am getting old and slow :flag_of_truce:Then back hogging for 5 hours. :hi:
When I like to brush hog also for all the same reasons. We kicked three fawns out cutting hay Monday. Glad they can/will get up and out of the way. On my to do list haven’t got to it yet, trying to catch up on hay.

·
Registered
937 Posts
There’s no way we can wait that long here in south Texas, in fact in a lot of years we shred all year round.

I can’t tell you how many fawns I’ve spit out the back of a mo-co when cutting 8’ tall hay grazer. You just can’t see them. The irrigated places are done with the 2nd cutting already. 4th and 5th cutting of Bermuda hay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,972 Posts

:soapbox::ttiwwp:eek:r hey how about some action video's.........:munch::laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts