Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up this blade, hitch, and drive shaft about an hour and a half away. The previous, previous owner modified the drive shaft to fit a 445 or 455. The blade is missing the angle cylinder. I'm going to take the driveshaft to the machine shop and get them to shorten the hex shaft and replace the tube with the proper length. If you look closely at the shaft picture, you can see where a piece of hex shaft was welded to the pto end. My plan is to mount my 46" Bolens blower to the 4110. besides getting the shaft repaired, I just need cut out a couple of plates from ¼" plate , weld in a ¾" rod for quick hitch, and drill a couple of holes. The plates will bolt on to the same place where the Bolens mount is without any mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

What a great project.

:munch::munch:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the blower mounted, now the drive shaft mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my driveshaft back from the shop($300cdn), installed the chute rotate crank, hydraulic lines to the deflector, and a test run in hard frozen snow. Works really well, a lot more power, even though there is probably only about 1 hp difference in the pto hp. Can't beat diesel torque!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts