Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've used a set of "strap-on" forks on both the 3038e & 1025R for 7 or 8 years now. They are a cantilevered set that extend under the bucket & have a chain that wraps across the back side of the bucket & gets ratchet strapped to a catch sitting on the cutting edge. They really helped with a lot of tasks but had their shortcomings, primarily a tendancy to move & being a really unwieldy extension beyond the bucket.

Anyway, I finally picked up a quick attach set (mounts to the FEL the same way as the bucket). I previously had good luck with the 3PT FEL adapter plate from Titan (i.e. Palletforks.com), so I ordered one of theirs. They have a number of different configurations, but I went with their JDFRLD42 with a delivered price of about $540 (after applying "points" from my prior purchase. Ordered it Saturday & it arrived today (Wednesday) by R&L Carriers.

The unit comes with 42" 4x1.5 inch forks & mounts for bale spears (which I won't be using) and does not have a 2" receiver. The 3PT FEL adapter plate has a 2" receiver that get used all the time for trailer moving & I couldn't see myself removing/replacing 80lb (?) fork tines for access to another receiver.

I'm looking forward to using these with both tractors. Getting them on & off is a lot easier than the "strap-on" variety & are not sticking way out beyond the bucket (plus I can actually see the tips when setting on the ground).

When not in use, they can snuggle up under the landscape blade & rake.

(excuse the mess, a 22x20 building houses both tractors & implements...)

BTW, part of the excuse (to SWMBO) for ordering is needing to more safely move some some sizable logs from storm downed oaks with the 3038e over at the acreage ...

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you think that’s a mess, you don’t want to see my garage right now...
Congratulations on the forks, I think you’ll like them!

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Exact same as I have. Had mine 2 yrs now and no problems. One of these days I want to break them down and weigh each piece to get an idea of the total weight. Seems to me that when they shipped they were listed to be around 300 pounds.

Nice. Enjoy :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have a pair of those Titan Chinese forks too, although I got the version without the headache rack nor the bale spears. They spend more time on my tractor than the bucket. They're very well-made and have been absolutely durable despite my abuse.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Fork it.....

I use my pallet forks more than the bucket. My neighbors also have it figured out it saves them all a lot of time on whatever they are doing.

Here is today..........I can't imagine doing the numerous projects without them.

Here is a very handy tip when picking up brush or stacking limbs like shown. Stack them with every other branch cut end facing the opposite direction. It balances the pile and I picked up the piles shown today and hauled them about 1/4 miles to the brush and burn pile. I didn't drop a single branch or trimmed stick............

The pallet forks are great for brush piles, prying out landscaping items such as trees and or bushes / shrubs. All kinds of tasks. The forks are my 2nd most often used implement, with the 3 point carry all being the most commonly used item.

I have toyed with putting a hydraulic thumb on the pallet forks for picking up debris and items such as shown. But when the piles are stacked correctly you can easily carry more than you can see around..........

You will find uses for the pallet forks you haven't even thought of........If you need ways to use them, let us know and we are full of....................ideas.............among other things......:laugh::lol:......

The backstop is very handy in protecting the tractor and also permitting much larger loads. For those seeking to purchase forks, I would strongly suggest 36" to 42" forks for the SCUTS. I have the forks made by the Canadian outfit who's name now escapes me. The name is initials....starting with the "H", I think.....:dunno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
祝贺

Zhùhè

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the same Titan pallet forks in 36" length about a year and a half ago and agree that they are a very useful attachment.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I bought the 48" for my larger "orange" TBL from titan and they have not let me down even moving a ton of pellets. I was concerned with buying from them with some bad reviews on this site, but I have been happy with the materials, welding and the usage I get from these forks.. I cannot give a bad review and the shipping was free and only a couple days from ordering.. Would buy again.. and I saved about 5 bills in the process.. I also have a steel work platform for the forks that saves tons of time painting, tree work etc.. You will be happy with your new forks.. Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
I have had titan 42" with back rest for three years and they are on my loader arms more than the bucket. No problems.. Enjoy:good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I've used a set of "strap-on" forks...
Huh huh. Huh huh huh. You said strap on. I said that for a long while about a bike rack I used to have.

I have the Artillian version, and they work very well. I think I may have shot myself in the foot though. They use the same mounting plate as my grapple. So guess who is lugging the grapple sections on and off the plate every time he wants to use the forks? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
Huh huh. Huh huh huh. You said strap on. I said that for a long while about a bike rack I used to have.

I have the Artillian version, and they work very well. I think I may have shot myself in the foot though. They use the same mounting plate as my grapple. So guess who is lugging the grapple sections on and off the plate every time he wants to use the forks? :banghead:
William,

There are holes in the sections of the grapple that you can use to bolt them together using 1/2" bolts. Lift the grapple and then install the bolts.

After that the frame will slide out the side and all three sections will stay together.

Just remember, Grapples are great. Everything else is just forks. :lol:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
William,

There are holes in the sections of the grapple that you can use to bolt them together using 1/2" bolts. Lift the grapple and then install the bolts.

After that the frame will slide out the side and all three sections will stay together.

Just remember, Grapples are great. Everything else is just forks. :lol:
Thank you. I did not realize that. I’ll have to give it a try. I sold my wife on the idea of this grapple because the individual sections would be easier to handle. If she sees me bolting them together, there could be trouble...:hornets:

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I also have a steel work platform for the forks that saves tons of time painting, tree work etc..
I used a work platform for the forks today for the first time and convinced Mrs. Bear to run the loader with me on the platform to trim some tall hedges.......Boy, you had better have been nice before putting your life in your better half's hands like that. If she is harboring any anger for any reasons you might just land on your head...........

Sure seemed to be a tendency to test my balance when raising or lowering as without a self leveling FEL, the adjustments necessary to keep the platform level sure seemed to frequently get adjusted the wrong way....:hide:....just saying (between us platform occupants with someone else running the controls).

Of course, when I would say "move the loader control lever left" the first response was "What's a loader control lever." Of course you provide a technical description like "the lever I showed you, the ONLY one I told you to touch and the same one that your hand is on"

When I would say "move the lever carefully to the left", Then the next question was "Your left or my left?"

If I gave instructions to "turn right at the light", would I get the same question in reply? I think not..........

I lived to tell the story and the shrubs got flat topped, so success was realized..........:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
I used a work platform for the forks today for the first time and convinced Mrs. Bear to run the loader with me on the platform to trim some tall hedges.......Boy, you had better have been nice before putting your life in your better half's hands like that. If she is harboring any anger for any reasons you might just land on your head...........

Sure seemed to be a tendency to test my balance when raising or lowering as without a self leveling FEL, the adjustments necessary to keep the platform level sure seemed to frequently get adjusted the wrong way....:hide:....just saying (between us platform occupants with someone else running the controls).

Of course, when I would say "move the loader control lever left" the first response was "What's a loader control lever." Of course you provide a technical description like "the lever I showed you, the ONLY one I told you to touch and the same one that your hand is on"

When I would say "move the lever carefully to the left", Then the next question was "Your left or my left?"

If I gave instructions to "turn right at the light", would I get the same question in reply? I think not..........

I lived to tell the story and the shrubs got flat topped, so success was realized..........:bigthumb:

There should have been video of this. :lol:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts

Now that’s funny! It sounds a lot like what goes on around here from time to time.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Speaking of forks and loaders, I earned a trip to the dog house for making this meme shortly after I received my tractor. 4C5FD19A-69B7-4CDC-98DF-0474ED6FB3BB.jpeg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good purchase!! I didn't know about aftermarket when I bought my tractor and was rushed to beat the deadline for incentives and financing so my dealer talked me into AP12's with 48 inch forks for $1200:banghead:.Told me that was all they ever sold. Even though they reduce my lifting capacity by 100 lbs or so, I do like them and for what I paid no one is gonna tell me different :nunu:Since then I've bought other aftermarket implements including Titan with no complaints. It pays to do research and get opinions from the members on this forum!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Timely thread, looking for pallet forks fro my 4105 and the JD prices shocked me..

So many choices though

looking at this one as the Hay Speak may come in handy for the Zombie Apocalypse

36 C2 Spears

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Timely thread, looking for pallet forks fro my 4105 and the JD prices shocked me..

So many choices though

looking at this one as the Hay Speak may come in handy for the Zombie Apocalypse

36 C2 Spears
I had little need for the 2" receiver and NO need for bale spears, so I got the one with the 2" receiver. I don't use it much for trailers, opting instead for a Titan fork-mounted 2" receiver for the occasional circumstances where I want to move a trailer from the front of the tractor. The only advantage to that device is that I don't need to remove the forks to push a trailer around.

This Titan frame and fork setup, at $450 and free shipping, has been excellent. It fits the loader on my 1023E perfectly. The forks are robust. I found the 42 inch forks to be a perfect length for my needs. I was afraid that 36 inch forks would impair my ability to move large bundles of brush. Having been moving large bundles of brush over the last few weeks, I'm convinced that I was right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts