Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've lusted after a Deere 110 TLB for almost 10 years. When Deere announced that it would cease production I wondered if I'd ever get my hands on one. Well the wait is over, after selling the 3320 which served me extremely well since 06. I made my way to NC for a lightly used 110 with 700 hr in very good shape. I also got a very good price. I was holding out for a 110 with the factory scv's but this one was just too good to pass up.

I'm going to attempt a custom scv setup utilizing the PB. I hope Kenny and Brian and the rest of you guys can tag along for the adventure.
The deere came with a 4in1 but I'll be adding forks asap since there super handy. I sold off most of my implements with the 3320 except the bearcat chipper shredder. I'll likely but a hydo box blade a larger landscape rake and possibly another grapple. The 4in1 is handy but not as good as a dedicated grapple.:thumbup1gif:

Matt

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,654 Posts
Nice, good luck with it.
Where in the northeast?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
AWESOME!!!! Would love to have one, so will settle for enjoying the pics of projects that you post with yours!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sticker pecked up when opening this thread....
Congrats!! And take pics and post em up often
It's too bad I was in such a hurry to get there and back because there was some awesome photo ops with it in the trailer.
However considering I left home 0500 Wed, got on the Ferry for LI(to drop off my 3320 with the new owner). Then drove down LI through NYC, then due to my careful planning caught the DC traffic as well.

Was planning on grabbing a hotel room in Durham but was running so behind ended up staying the evening in SouthHill Va.
Pulled out at 0400 Thurs, then went to pickup the tractor(2 hrs away in NC). Spent an HR loading it then back on the rd to lovely CT.

Arrived home last night just before midnight. So to say I was tired was an understatement.:crazy:

Matt

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Congrats Matt! :thumbup1gif: Looks like its in great shape!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
So I've lusted after a Deere 110 TLB for almost 10 years. When Deere announced that it would cease production I wondered if I'd ever get my hands on one. Well the wait is over, after selling the 3320 which served me extremely well since 06. I made my way to NC for a lightly used 110 with 700 hr in very good shape. I also got a very good price. I was holding out for a 110 with the factory scv's but this one was just too good to pass up.

I'm going to attempt a custom scv setup utilizing the PB. I hope Kenny and Brian and the rest of you guys can tag along for the adventure.
The deere came with a 4in1 but I'll be adding forks asap since there super handy. I sold off most of my implements with the 3320 except the bearcat chipper shredder. I'll likely but a hydo box blade a larger landscape rake and possibly another grapple. The 4in1 is handy but not as good as a dedicated grapple.:thumbup1gif:

Matt
Nice. When it comes to hydraulics, Kenny and Brian rule. I think the two of them could teach a few JD engineers some better ways to do hydraulics.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have a cut away of what the parking brake lever looks like internally? I looked on JD parts but don't see the lever internal mechanism drawings. The center button keeps hanging up. But can't get a good read on how it actuates the linkages.

Matt

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
There are two versions depending on your S/N, one of the pics from JDP show's the gear/teeth that a pawl should engage, there should also be a spring loaded rod inside the handle the pushes the pawl into the teeth to hold the lever up.

I suspect you may have to remove the whole assembly to get to the rod-my bet is that it or the pawl rusted/corroded just enough to cause the sticking. Perhaps a nice bath in PB blaster or Fluid Film may help?

110TLB.jpg

I found this pic on Google, the mechanism in yours should be similar:
65upHandbrakeHandle.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up a pair of lightly used Bradco forks today. I didn't realize how important and useful having forks are. The Bradco's are really well made, the forks are 48" rated to 4k. The mast is rated to like 7k, they weigh about 400 lbs so there about the same as my 4in1 bucket.

I'm also working with Brian at Fitrite on a SCV option that should be pretty slick. I plan to document everything so others can use the lesson's learned.
It will likely be a few weeks since I just spent some of the SCV funds on the forksthough LOL.:laugh:

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Is that a chipper you have on the back?

·
Premium Member
7,534 Posts
Model 554
Nice looking chipper. :thumbup1gif:

However it is the wrong color for your tractor. You'll have to give it to me...:laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
congratulations

congratulations, That's a nice looking 110. It took me 2 years to get my 110. I like the radiator protector you have, how about some close up photos of that :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts