Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the Bachoe compatable cab November 2018. Finally arrived 3rd week of January 2019.

The dealer picked it up the 2025R the 4th week of January. Well problems occurred because the cab Brackets that Mount to the Loader Sub frame would not allow You to have a Mid mount Mower mounted with both the Loader and the Cab on. Well My dealer contacted Tektite Because Tektite doesn't show the can as not be compatible with the Mowing deck and loader. So my dealer took measurements and picture for Tektite to make compatible brackets for Loader, Mowing deck and Cab some miscommunication on Tektite Part that they would have the Brackets done In a week or so They had the Brackets finally done and sent them out March 1st arriving at My dealers March 7th.

Tektite Puts Out that it about a 8 to 10 hr Install actually took them about 5 working days as some modifications had to be Made to accommodate the Deere Premium LED light Kit I had Installed on the tractor and some other things .

Since I didn't order the Tektite Rear Cab mounted lights the fender Mounted LED lights were Mounted there.

Do to the ROPS Mounted LED Lights with Brush guards being way to close to the side of the Cab they were Mounted Underneath the warning lights instead of on top.

Some little things I have already found annoying

The cab frame is to close to the Top of the left Brake Pedal so if wearing heavy winter Boots You Might have a Issue with it because I have a Issue with My regular every day work boots.

The other thing is for the Price of this Cab the floor in front of the Brake Pedal and the Drive Pedals should actually be a floor and not just a piece of Foam Insulation

They should also Make a extension step Kit You can use the step to go up But Not step down

The Only other annoying thing is when I turn on the front Roof Mounted Lights the FM radio get's a lot of Interference or static AM works fine( light on or off)

Other than those annoying things it fits the Tractor very well.

They Only other Problem's or annoyances I think are going to be refueling and Opening the hood(because you have to UN-bolt 4 handles) On a Cab Insert to open the Hood or remove side Panels and the only time that might be annoying is winter as I won't have the Insert On the Tractor In the spring, summer and early fall.

I think I am going to get Ken 1-Series 6" Step since I am Using a 120R Loader it shouldn't be a Problem.

The shop at My dealership Liked Installing this Cab better than Installing a Mauser and They Prefer that this Cab because it sits further Back from the Loader sub frame

Well at Least I will be warm next year for winter. Looks Like spring is On it's way don't think I will get a chance to use it In the snow:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Looks fantastic. You mentioned some of the issues that annoyed you, like the foam insulation and tightness on the left pedal. So I have to ask, how does this compare price-wise to the $5000+ Mauser cab?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Sergeant,

I'm sure you have read about the broken windshields some Mauser owners have experienced. I realize that yours is a Tektite cab, but make sure that the bucket leveling rod, when raising your loader, does not come into contact with the windshield, when it is open. With the Mauser cab and the windshield open, the leveling rod will contact and break the windshield. Check it out to be safe.

Looks sweet! :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks fantastic. You mentioned some of the issues that annoyed you, like the foam insulation and tightness on the left pedal. So I have to ask, how does this compare price-wise to the $5000+ Mauser cab?
Mauser cab is cheaper But Not Backhoe compatible. So In my case I would not Buy a Mauser. I think the Mauser is also a Little Better refined Inside. So if You don't have a Backhoe or want a Backhoe Get the Mauser as it's a Better deal :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sergeant,

I'm sure you have read about the broken windshields some Mauser owners have experienced. I realize that yours is a Tektite cab, but make sure that the bucket leveling rod, when raising your loader, does not come into contact with the windshield, when it is open. With the Mauser cab and the windshield open, the leveling rod will contact and break the windshield. Check it out to be safe.

Looks sweet! :good2:
Windshield doesn't Open On Tektite cab as it's bolted In Place. I think the Only tektite Cab that has a Opening windshield is for the X700 signature series:bigthumb:

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
I am not understanding something. You say the step works for getting up into the cab but not out. This make no sense to me as your foot will be in the same position on the step either getting in or out.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not understanding something. You say the step works for getting up into the cab but not out. This make no sense to me as your foot will be in the same position on the step either getting in or out.
You can see the step when stepping up but the step is underneath the Cab frame so when stepping up your Foot is underneath the Cab frame as well. The step is not out Far enough to use the step on exiting the tractor( the way down) so if You have the door Open on the step side Looking down from the Cab you do not see the step at all:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Ordered the Bachoe compatable cab November 2018. Finally arrived 3rd week of January 2019.

The dealer picked it up the 2025R the 4th week of January. Well problems occurred because the cab Brackets that Mount to the Loader Sub frame would not allow You to have a Mid mount Mower mounted with both the Loader and the Cab on. Well My dealer contacted Tektite Because Tektite doesn't show the can as not be compatible with the Mowing deck and loader. So my dealer took measurements and picture for Tektite to make compatible brackets for Loader, Mowing deck and Cab some miscommunication on Tektite Part that they would have the Brackets done In a week or so They had the Brackets finally done and sent them out March 1st arriving at My dealers March 7th.

Tektite Puts Out that it about a 8 to 10 hr Install actually took them about 5 working days as some modifications had to be Made to accommodate the Deere Premium LED light Kit I had Installed on the tractor and some other things .

Since I didn't order the Tektite Rear Cab mounted lights the fender Mounted LED lights were Mounted there.

Do to the ROPS Mounted LED Lights with Brush guards being way to close to the side of the Cab they were Mounted Underneath the warning lights instead of on top.

Some little things I have already found annoying

The cab frame is to close to the Top of the left Brake Pedal so if wearing heavy winter Boots You Might have a Issue with it because I have a Issue with My regular every day work boots.

The other thing is for the Price of this Cab the floor in front of the Brake Pedal and the Drive Pedals should actually be a floor and not just a piece of Foam Insulation

They should also Make a extension step Kit You can use the step to go up But Not step down

The Only other annoying thing is when I turn on the front Roof Mounted Lights the FM radio get's a lot of Interference or static AM works fine( light on or off)

Other than those annoying things it fits the Tractor very well.

They Only other Problem's or annoyances I think are going to be refueling and Opening the hood(because you have to UN-bolt 4 handles) On a Cab Insert to open the Hood or remove side Panels and the only time that might be annoying is winter as I won't have the Insert On the Tractor In the spring, summer and early fall.

I think I am going to get Ken 1-Series 6" Step since I am Using a 120R Loader it shouldn't be a Problem.

The shop at My dealership Liked Installing this Cab better than Installing a Mauser and They Prefer that this Cab because it sits further Back from the Loader sub frame

Well at Least I will be warm next year for winter. Looks Like spring is On it's way don't think I will get a chance to use it In the snow:bigthumb:
That's quite a paint job in that shop of yours. Good job!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
You can see the step when stepping up but the step is underneath the Cab frame so when stepping up your Foot is underneath the Cab frame as well. The step is not out Far enough to use the step on exiting the tractor( the way down) so if You have the door Open on the step side Looking down from the Cab you do not see the step at all:bigthumb:
OK - I get it. That would be a huge issue for me also.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's quite a paint job in that shop of yours. Good job!
I do everything But Paint That was Done By a Professional and it was His idea. I originally just planned on staining the interior cedar in color or not Painting it at all:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some More Interior Pictures of the Cab :bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts