Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out my credit card last night and bought a set of Ken's dust caps and plugs (and OC says I'm cheap:laugh:), oh and the colorful zip ties too, I really splurged. I have been going to buy these forever and just never did. I'm kind of excited.:lol: I just bought them for the tractor and FEL, the plugs and caps for the snowblower, blade and QH haven't "hardened" yet, so I'll hold off on those. I don't want to spend it all at one time!:gizmo::lol:

Looking forward to their arrival!:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Thanks for prying open the wallet Jamie :laugh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Thanks for prying open the wallet Jamie :laugh:
I could hear the sobbing at my house, halfway across the state. :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That’s what that sound I heard to the East earlier today was:laugh:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Kenny

Do you have a set that is compatable with a 955? vintage...1994++

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Kenny

Do you have a set that is compatable with a 955? vintage...1994++
I'm 99% sure it uses the 1/4" ones, you can compare the measurements of the 1/4" ISO 5765 couplers we sell on the same page.

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered them Tuesday night, and this guy Ken sent me an email yesterday, they had already shipped out!:good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally made the long walk to the mailbox

I can’t wait to get some good protection for the hydraulic hoses.

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picture of them installed?

Yeah, that would be a good idea. However:hide:......they are still laying on a workbench as I've been tied up with other things. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them installed.:good2:

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Yeah, that would be a good idea. However:hide:......they are still laying on a workbench as I've been tied up with other things. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them installed.:good2:
There are other forums probably more suitable for that kinky stuff. :hide: :lol:

They are nice though, I did the same thing, talked about them forever and finally ordered them. Once installed you'll wonder why you waited so long to buy them. :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I finally made the long walk to the mailbox

I can’t wait to get some good protection for the hydraulic hoses.
You should look into the Dura wrap sleeving Ken sells as well. I didn't like how close my 4 hoses to the exhaust on my x758 from the QH so I wrapped them in the Dura wrap. Now they are all together, protected from mud and additional abrasion protection. I was also able to eliminate the PITA front hook that supports the hoses and just use the rear one that's closest to the hydraulic ports. Because they are all stiff and tightly wrapped together they actually sit higher than when in the front hook.

I keep my front QH on 90% of the time since I rarely take my deck off. I have looked at the hydraulic caps but always walk away because they aren't powder coated the 4 colors for easier identification.

·
Corndog Hater
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At long last, I got around to installing these today. Finally, caps and plugs that will stay together! I will have to make one mod though. When I went to take the FEL off, I couldn’t. As my 1026R has aged the sliding collar on the female end needs to be slid fully back to release the male end. With the zip tie, I couldn’t get them disconnected. So I will just put the zip tie on the flat groove in the middle of the sliding collar. Nice product!!!

I added a couple zip ties to the hoses on the blower/quick hitch to make sure the colors matched. I didn’t replace these caps as they are the old style and are still pliable. But, I may down the road just so things match.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
5 1/2 months from order to install, good thing Kenny is so fast about shipping. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts