Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather has been so unseasonable that I didn't get around to rigging the new front mounted snowblower I bought for the X310.
So naturally the "coating to an inch" turned out to be a solid 5" to 6" and its still coming down pretty hard. I'm not complaining, though. I got all suited up and put the Snow Edge on the 1026R and cleared all five driveways in a little more than an hour. I know there are lots of ways to protect the asphalt and the concrete, but I've been using this attachment since I bought the tractor and only replaced the composite/plastic insert once. With the bucket in float mode, you can really get the work done quickly and well. Sorry about the length of the video. The bride was cold even standing in the garage but I know how you guys are about photos and such. Happy New Year! Just goes to show you are never too old to play in the snow, too!
[video]https://goo.gl/xc7lQl[/video]

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just came in, did next door for neighbors as they are returning from vacation/airport...we have about 4". Tractor made short work of their driveway....saving mine for tomorrow morning want deeper snow to play in. :good2:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You will beat us Blue....think we will finish off at about 5".... still seat time

·
Registered
12,523 Posts
I think i may be with you on that one. We have a solid 6-8" right now and its still coming down.
I haven't decided wether to go out tonight or wait until morning.
blue87fj60--:munch:would really like to see a action video of ur artillian plow set up, plowing that snow-ok:munch: pretty please:hide::laugh:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
blue87fj60--:munch:would really like to see a action video of ur artillian plow set up, plowing that snow-ok:munch: pretty please:hide::laugh:
Still in holding pattern in the hanger...:banghead:
Wife wanted to sit out in her deer blind this morning and hope to catch that big buck that's been nosing around.
Blind is off the driveway and plowing would certainly change the deer's minds about sticking around.
I gave her until 8!:laugh:

Oh, and i rigged up a home made "GoFaux" camera to try to get some vid.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
This is a short one before the iPhone GoFaux video camera froze up solid in the 12 degree briskness.
Had an old GPS vehicle mount that i stuck on hood. Had some custom bungee tie downs to hold it fast. Worked good. More of a warm weather thing i guess.:laugh:
This is only about maybe 1/3 of my driveway. Hence why the Artillian angle plow set up is the most ideal way to move snow. A bucket or snow pusher just wouldn't be effective at doing long straight aways as well as parking area at higher speeds.:usa

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Dang we did not get a flake. Dang high pressure screwed us. Is this video of your current storm Blue? Doesn't look like that much snow.... just wishing it were here!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
This is a short one before the iPhone GoFaux video camera froze up solid in the 12 degree briskness.
Had an old GPS vehicle mount that i stuck on hood. Had some custom bungee tie downs to hold it fast. Worked good. More of a warm weather thing i guess.:laugh:
This is only about maybe 1/3 of my driveway. Hence why the Artillian angle plow set up is the most ideal way to move snow. A bucket or snow pusher just wouldn't be effective at doing long straight aways as well as parking area at higher speeds.:usa

Good point about plow vs. pusher - your video proved that point for me. For my place though a pusher will do better.

Whay a great long driveway! That must be a rare thing in New Jersey (I spent my school days in NJ and couldn't wait to go west).

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Dang we did not get a flake. Dang high pressure screwed us. Is this video of your current storm Blue? Doesn't look like that much snow.... just wishing it were here!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yep, yesterday & last evening.
Seemed about 8" on boat cover and other things. Like 6 stuck to the driveway and walkways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts