Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I brought it home Friday morning. I have been working to get the radio in it and the wheel weights. I would have had a ton of pictures from the install, but my picture guy did not have a memory stick in the camera and ignored the NO MEMORY STICK message.. Not cool.

Anyway, I was able to put 2 (110) wheel weights per side (on the INSIDE of the rim). I think that is very, very cool!

My cab seal was not good! I had to replace parts of it, so it continues to be a problem for these machines.:crazy:

I have to put on the delux brush guard, install my work lights only switch, and my CCM hydro toplink.

The R-1's rock. They pull in the dirt about 10 times better than the R-4's but the price is paid on soft grass!:creep:

Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Nice! those R1s sure do look aggressive! You've got them out pretty wide, should be very stable.

Check where your heater hoses go up into the cab. Mine were rubbing and chaffing where they enter the bottom metal channel. I'd also check the wiring harness, I found a number of places where an extra tie wrap tightened things up.

Where's the iMatch? Nice shop!

Pete

·
Registered
430 Posts
Brian,
Glad you finally got the tractor, that was a loooong wait. I use the large hole in the drawbar bracket to chaindown the rear of the tractor when trailering, it is large enough for the chain hooks to pass through. I assume you have the drawbar it comes with the tractor. Like the tires too, I can't use them in my work but they should grab well.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Imatch is sitting on the Tiller. I need to do some welding and get some of my fall implements Imatch compatible. I will be doing some plowing and other stuff that does not work.

The tires are great! I have only increased the width 4 inches from stock. The pictures make it look like they are set much wider than they are.

I took my draw bar out to use chains in there when I towed it home. I never put it back since I rarely use it.

Please excuse my mess! Everything in the shop is out of order from moving stuff and working on this.

I am still excited that the weights are on the inside of the wheel!

·
Registered
733 Posts
The tires are great! I have only increased the width 4 inches from stock. The pictures make it look like they are set much wider than they are.
Apparently you havent had the "pleasure" to use Titan tires recently heh? :bad:

I am still excited that the weights are on the inside of the wheel!
:angel: Must have gotten that excellent idea from some super smart dude heh? :laugh: Glad it worked for you...Yesterday while rocking the wee one, I figured out a way to get 2 weights on the inside of mine...might have to order up a set for testing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice Tractor! I have never seen the wheel weights on the inside like that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Congrats Brian! Good Pics, and yes I like the external Antenna!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, I did see the other Thread - ref for the "antenna".

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, after putting 3 hours on the tractor, I can honestly say I am in love. The larger tires are very nice in the field as they seem to help the tractor from bouncing around as much as the 3x20's. It was nice while I was working up 2 acres of pumpkin hills. I would normally bounce around the the cab over each hill. I had to look down to see if I was actually driving over the row.

I have not had my tiller or any PTO driven implement on it yet. I am giddy that I have all the power to pull ground engaging implements. I will have to get that stuff going soon, but the weather is not cooperating.

So far, the 400CX had been great. You have to watch the bucket position when raising the loader so it does not bind. If the bucket is all the way down, as you raise the loader it will try to continue to dump the bucket further beyond its movable position. But easy to learn and work with.

I still do not understand why this is a cat 1 tractor. I am considering trying to find cat 2 arms that would fit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, after putting 3 hours on the tractor, I can honestly say I am in love. The larger tires are very nice in the field as they seem to help the tractor from bouncing around as much as the 3x20's. It was nice while I was working up 2 acres of pumpkin hills. I would normally bounce around the the cab over each hill. I had to look down to see if I was actually driving over the row.

I have not had my tiller or any PTO driven implement on it yet. I am giddy that I have all the power to pull ground engaging implements. I will have to get that stuff going soon, but the weather is not cooperating.

So far, the 400CX had been great. You have to watch the bucket position when raising the loader so it does not bind. If the bucket is all the way down, as you raise the loader it will try to continue to dump the bucket further beyond its movable position. But easy to learn and work with.

I still do not understand why this is a cat 1 tractor. I am considering trying to find cat 2 arms that would fit.
Oh i guess you just want to make some of us, feel a bit GREEN, with envy, as you have moved on to the 4x20 series class and forgot all about us in 3x20. Well Ok, that is fine and dandy! :D LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL... Nuru, I have talked with you over the past two years about the 3x20, and a possible 4x20... I did not order the 4x20 two years ago becasue I was worried that it would not fit in my house 3rd car garage due to height. Now I do not care...LOL... I have yet to try it to see if it will fit. For my application, I should have bought this 4x20 or a larger tractor from the start.

There are a ton of people in my shoe and I want to do whatever I can to educate them on the difference.

You know you don't want a 4x20 to mow your yard, right...LOL....

FYI, my yard is suffering from the wieght and ag tires!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Brian, that is one sweet tractor you got. I envy you but i am glad that you are enjoying it. I havent ever seen the wheel weights inside before, atleasy i know it can be done. :D Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
382 Posts
LOL... Nuru, I have talked with you over the past two years about the 3x20, and a possible 4x20... I did not order the 4x20 two years ago becasue I was worried that it would not fit in my house 3rd car garage due to height. Now I do not care...LOL... I have yet to try it to see if it will fit. For my application, I should have bought this 4x20 or a larger tractor from the start.

There are a ton of people in my shoe and I want to do whatever I can to educate them on the difference.

You know you don't want a 4x20 to mow your yard, right...LOL....

FYI, my yard is suffering from the wieght and ag tires!
Go for a set of Turf Specials they will definitely help. They did for me, but you do have more weight!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nu, I need this tractor for the field. My lawn is taken care of by the 445....

I need every bit of traction I can get!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts