Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a 30 x 50 shed and am having a hard time finding a builder. I live in the NW corner of Mississippi, just South of Memphis, TN. I swear I can't find any pole barn builders and need help finding one. Send names if anyone knows of anybody.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Just so those helping understand your predicament exactly. You cannot find a builder for your pole barn at all??? Or you cannot find a builder who has the availability to do it for you on whatever your schedule is?

It's an entirely different problem not getting one in site next week, vs. in 6-8 months vs. no builders exist. Which is your issue?

Just my 2¢, be prepared to wait the 6months +/- I mentioned above. Builders are a busy bunch currently and the good ones are booked out that far, you probably don't want to do business with a guy who says he can be there tomorrow....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need a builder right away. I just would like a shed put up by the end of the year. I just can't find a builder locally, at least not one that specializes in building pole barns. I did find one out of Oklahoma and they are working up a quote. I just don't know where to look for a pole barn builder.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have builders that come over from MO all the time because the big builders like Morton Buildings are booked pretty far out. These guys travel all over the place. I am sure there are traveling builders that go to MS as well. You'll have to do a online search. An easier method is to go to your local lumber yard or Home Dept or any DIY and get a builder list. I don't know if Menards is that far south but I can go there a get a list of 30 builders. Also, try your farm stores. These guys will put up an ad outside the restrooms here but ask for references. The poor builders won't have a good list.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had problems finding builders in my area too not many want to work or want 30-60 days to complete, want most of the money up front.
Found young guy who done mine in a timely manner and was built as we agreed. There out there just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I know it's a dirty word to many but if you have them your local building inspector is where I would start. They get to see the good the bad and the ugly and around here usually will have a list of three to five guy's. Or try the local county conservation district, they deal with a lot of farms and must see a bunch of barns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts