Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 1991 LX186 with the Kawasaki FC540V AS10 engine. It is leaking oil from the crankcase gasket behind the oil filter and I need to replace it. In trying to locate a gasket, I keep getting two different part numbers, depending on source. One is M143232 and the other is M143234. How do I know which one I need?

In addition to the gasket, I know I also need the crankshaft seal that goes onto the crankcase cover. Is there any other parts I need to do the job that I am over-looking?

Thanks for the help.

Nate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,871 Posts
Could be a serial number break that would cause the two part numbers.Did you get this from JD parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JDPARTS lists M143234 for the gasket and M124523 for the seal. I question it because other parts places list different JD numbers and JDPARTS only asks for mower model and doesn't verify anything about the engine. Just wanna get the right stuff the first time.
 

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
Joined
·
37,449 Posts
JDPARTS lists M143234 for the gasket and M124523 for the seal. I question it because other parts places list different JD numbers and JDPARTS only asks for mower model and doesn't verify anything about the engine. Just wanna get the right stuff the first time.
Are you using John Deere - Parts Catalog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,433 Posts
I would just get both and use the one that looks the same as the original (assuming, of course, that the expense is not to high) and then just return the one I didn't need.:flag_of_truce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my local JD dealer and the guy was able to clear it up. Both numbers are listed because JDPARTS groups models lx172, lx176, and lx186 under the same catalog.

Lx172 and 176 takes M143234
Lx186 takes M143232

The difference between them is one out of the nine bolts is slightly offset on the lx186 compared to the 172 and 176 models. Devils in the details they say.

I did get the job done today, seems to have fixed the problem. As always, time will tell. I will try to make a thread this week on a "how to" with pictures.

Thanks for the help guys. If anyone has questions about the job, I'm happy to help.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top