Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some experience with a RFM and will be facing the challenge of using my 4720 cab tractor for finish mowing areas I previously used a 3320 OS with MMM on. I have to try and sell the new 3320 and 72D autoconnect deck ASAP. I don't mind the cab tractor at all but I have a feeling turning around and being alert of all the low hanging hazards will get old FAST!

Any suggestions?

John

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Other than going around and cutting all the branches and such to a hi level not really.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
Just watch the swing on the RFM also if your used to the MMM

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
No comments on the mowing by just wanted to say hello to John from KD0ZV.

·
Registered
280 Posts
even though i have a different type of finish mower, it is still kind of the same as yours will be... all i do is move my mirror so i can see, i really enjoy mowing with the mower behind me because you can get under shrubs better and clean and do maintenance on them easier

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I mow my woods with a rotary cutter and that sticks out 3 times farthern than a RFM, so I think you will be fine! Crank the radio and AC and relax.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have some experience with a RFM and will be facing the challenge of using my 4720 cab tractor for finish mowing areas I previously used a 3320 OS with MMM on. I have to try and sell the new 3320 and 72D autoconnect deck ASAP. I don't mind the cab tractor at all but I have a feeling turning around and being alert of all the low hanging hazards will get old FAST!

Any suggestions?

John
As others mentioned I like being able to back the RFM under stuff also. Why the change of heart on the 3320? If you don't mind me asking?

Matt

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As others mentioned I like being able to back the RFM under stuff also. Why the change of heart on the 3320? If you don't mind me asking?

Matt
I lost a MAJOR mowing contract last year due to a property being sold to a devoloper with his own crew and will be having trouble justifying another 20k+ machine around.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.