Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble getting my finish mower to hook up correctly with iMatch / Quick hitch.

fdr25_main.jpg

If I try to hook up like I would with regular 3 point the swivel part of the top link will come out of top link on iMatch.

If I adjust the lower links in and double pin them and remove the swivel upper and use the solid link on mower it wont float properly.

So I've been removing iMatch and using regular 3point when I mow. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong in my connections? Kinda defeats having a quick hitch if I have to take it off every time I want to mow. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
You need the floating adapter for the QH.

Here is the manual for the Landpride brand, but it will give you an idea what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Check to see if they have a quick hitch adapter from the manufacturer. I have a Befco RFM and they do have such an adapter. I ordered it with the mower and they installed it before delivery. It works great with my iMatch.

Dave

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Here is a picture....

I had the wrong color filter on so the green got a little washed out... :lolol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Here is a picture....

I had the wrong color filter on so the green got a little washed out... :lolol:
Sure enough, that is a funny looking green color. It even looks clean. Do you every use that funny colored thing.

DAve

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Sure enough, that is a funny looking green color. It even looks clean. Do you every use that funny colored thing.

DAve
Yes I do.

But only on Sundays....

If is isn't raining,

or too windy,

or if any dirt is involved. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Here is a pic of the quick hitch adapter option installed on my RFM from Befco. Works great. They even gave me the original linkage, but I suspect I will never use it unless I sell it.

Dave

IMAG0236.jpg

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Here is another style of adapter that you can use.

You have to take the top hook off of the QH and it pins in place of the hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
You need the floating adapter for the QH.

Here is the manual for the Landpride brand, but it will give you an idea what you need.
The Land Pride floating adapters work great. I used two of them to adapt older implements. I recall they were about $26 each including shipping to my home (ordered from local LP dealer).

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OK let me see if I have this straight. Buy a quick hitch adapter - remove top hook on qh - hook up bottom points, tandem qh qh adapter and standard top link with single pin - when done get wrenches back out and reinstall top hook on qh.

How is this better than just taking qh off when I want to mow?

Not trying to be a SA. Just frustrated. :banghead:

Thanks for the info guys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CADplans

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
OK let me see if I have this straight.
Buy a quick hitch adapter - remove top hook on qh - hook up bottom points, tandem qh adapter and standard top link with single pin -
when done get wrenches back out and reinstall top hook on qh.

Not trying to be a SA. Just frustrated.
That was my EXACT feelings,,, remove the QH,,, and NO tools are needed!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
OK let me see if I have this straight. Buy a quick hitch adapter - remove top hook on qh - hook up bottom points, tandem qh qh adapter and standard top link with single pin - when done get wrenches back out and reinstall top hook on qh.

Not trying to be a SA. Just frustrated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I understand your frustration. The quick hitch is supposed to make things easier and it does. You just have to make sure that the manufacturer follows the quick hitch specifications. If they do, then you are on easy street. When I was looking for a RFM, I made sure that it was quick hitch compatible. The Befco was what I wanted, but as standard equipment it was not quick hitch compatible. However, they had an optional quick hitch adapter, so I made sure I ordered that with the RFM. The dealer installed it before delivery and it works great.

Dave

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts

If you use a Land Pride style adapter like rtgt shows above you won't need to remove the hook.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
If you use a Land Pride style adapter like rtgt shows above you won't need to remove the hook.
The Landpride QH adapter attaches to the QH where/with the pin that connects the QH to the top link. No tools required.

When I am not using it, I leave the pin in the implement end and fold it over on top of the top link.

Many replace the bolts for the top hook with pins to make adjustment necessary.

You can make the parts if you wish. They are just a couple pieces of 1/4 x 2" flat bar with a couple holes.

I'll send you the dimensions if you wish.

Quick Hitches are quick......once everything is set up and compatible. I completely understand your frustration. I have an assortment of implements and not one of them was the same as the other. :banghead:

At one point I got so frustrated with the QH that when I took it off I threw it... about 30 feet. It sat in the back of the shop for about 6 months before I decided to fiddle with it again.

I took the time to set up all of my primary implements to fit, which took a modification here, some welding there, etc.

The QH is starting to look a bit better than dealing with the lift arm turnbuckles at this point. :munch:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'm also beginning the task of trying to make existing implements compatible with a quick-hitch. It is frustrating, particularly if you can't make everything compatible and have to remove and install the quick-hitch itself for different implements. But time will tell if it's worth the effort or not.

This adapter has worked well for me when all else fails with the top link, similar to the one shown above.
Adapter Bracket

I also use a couple of these receiver-hitch pins for the top hook, makes it much easier to remove or re-position the hook.
Receiver Hitch Pins

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in a similar situation. Most of my implements work, some don't. After reading this post I should have no trouble making my mower work. Currently I remove the imatch quick hitch and hook it up the old way. The pics have really help visualize how to hook it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Floating Hitch om Fontier 3060 with I match

Tried Pat's easy change 1st and did not like it so bought I match. Cut approx 12 acres with 3032 and also have a Titan bush hog I use along creek,
Had same issue first time out with top link coming out of top of hitch. ater reading all I can find about adapter kits and adding chains looking for any new or better fixes for this issue.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Not trying to be a SA. Just frustrated. :banghead:

If you replace your QH top hook bolts with pins it will be much easier.

Rob

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Tried Pat's easy change 1st and did not like it so bought I match. Cut approx 12 acres with 3032 and also have a Titan bush hog I use along creek,
Had same issue first time out with top link coming out of top of hitch. ater reading all I can find about adapter kits and adding chains looking for any new or better fixes for this issue.

Are you using the cat1 to cat 3 adapters? Top link and bottom arms require the adapters. Be aware that not all attachments are quick hitch (iMatch) compatible. Brush hogs are notorious for not being compatible. I had to pay extra on my Befco 110 inch RFM to get it to be quick hitch compatible as that was an option. My 10ft Rhino brush hog is definitely not compatible and I have been unable to figure out a way to make it compatible. I have the fixed top hook iMatch and would not have it any other way. If an attachment is not compatible, I make the attachment compatible. You should do this too, rather than try to change the iMatch for each attachment. That kinds of defeats the purpose of having it. I want to just back up to the attachment, lift up and go. I do not want to do any fiddling around with the iMatch. If you make the attachment compatible, you only have to do the work one time, instead of each time you use the attachment.

Dave

iMatch bushings.jpg

1 - 20 of 35 Posts