Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking at some finish mower 3 point hitch 72". Don't know anything about them beside they cut the grass nice.
I looked at some used ones but they were all rusted , bent, or missing parts. That the adds very good condition or excellent shape.
I'm glade they don't work for me. They would loose there jobs with adds like that.
A new John Deere or Woods 72" cost $3000 plus. Are they worth it over paying less like a TSC or Land pride coming in under $2000.
I like the Woods because it in stock, look well built and the blade tip speed is high for a nice cut.
But the John Deere mower is green :laugh:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I have the Befco 110 inch RFM and love it. But they are very heavy duty with 3 spindles and swinging blades. Mine weighs around 1500lbs. The do have smaller, lighter duty models that would be less expensive. They also have an optional iMatch kit, which I have, but I do not know if it fits the lighter duty models.

Dave

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
I been looking at some finish mower 3 point hitch 72". Don't know anything about them beside they cut the grass nice.
I looked at some used ones but they were all rusted , bent, or missing parts. That the adds very good condition or excellent shape.
I'm glade they don't work for me. They would loose there jobs with adds like that.
A new John Deere or Woods 72" cost $3000 plus. Are they worth it over paying less like a TSC or Land pride coming in under $2000.
I like the Woods because it in stock, look well built and the blade tip speed is high for a nice cut.
But the John Deere mower is green :laugh:
i didn't know that jd still makes a :dunno:RFM i have a frontier gm1072 the economy model:laugh: i wanted a rear discharge, and ended up with mulching blades on it. i didn't know squat about RFM's when i bought mine. for the price u said about, sounds like the next step up from mine. them models have chains (like a brushhog has) them are a lot heavy built then mine. it has done well for me over the last 10yrs. aw-i paid $1,800 back then for mine-2006

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've got a Farmking/Buhler 84" RFM with rear discharge for my 2720. Paid $1600 and it was well used with surface rust but in good running shape. Paid another $120 for the quick hitch compatible kit. Pretty much any used mower is going to have some surface rust unless its been kept inside and meticulously maintained. But those guys never sell their stuff soooo......

Just remember, its a tractor implement, its gonna get bumps and chips and rust. As long as its in good running shape I wouldn't be super picky as long as the price reflects it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've got a Farmking/Buhler 84" RFM with rear discharge for my 2720. Paid $1600 and it was well used with surface rust but in good running shape. Paid another $120 for the quick hitch compatible kit. Pretty much any used mower is going to have some surface rust unless its been kept inside and meticulously maintained. But those guys never sell their stuff soooo......

Just remember, its a tractor implement, its gonna get bumps and chips and rust. As long as its in good running shape I wouldn't be super picky as long as the price reflects it.
clayh -

My 1997 84" Farm King RFM is green also, not JD green, but faded green due a former outside life. It's got a hell for stout deck, a few rusty spots, but nothing that looks serious right now. I bought it used from Craig's List 21 months ago for $900; new they're about $3300. It was my first CL purchase and the best one to date.

I saw the mower and my JD green 4720 yesterday; I'm planning some seat time this coming Friday, weather permitting, now that we have the huge water leak fixed and the driveway re-graveled at the farm

Brian

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
I use a 5' Woods behind my 790, bought it used off CL. There are plenty of them listed around here, from junk to new! Any of the major brands should be fine, I. E., Woods, Rhino, Bush Hog, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found a nice Woods 60" on CL. It needed new tire tubes but for $60 its good to go. I paid $800 for the mower, I also put the IMatch on it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I run a king kutter 72" finish mower on my 3005. Works great IMO.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was at the woods dealer and JD dealer today both were the same price. $3300 + tax
The JD dealer said woods supply's the dealers and it JD Green.
Tomorrow I'm going to look at a Rhino 72" on CL and a 84" Woods on CL.
Your guy are right. As long as it work good and the price is right. There nothing wrong saving a few dollars.:gizmo:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I Bought a new Buhler/farm King 60" a couple of months ago.. Cuts beautiful.. I absolutely love it.. You can find deals on new if you're patient.. When I was looking.. I saw way more deals on 72" and larger mowers than on 60" and below.. I think simply because the smaller ones are harder to find so guys ask the moon for them..

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Bought a new Buhler/farm King 60" a couple of months ago.. Cuts beautiful.. I absolutely love it.. You can find deals on new if you're patient.. When I was looking.. I saw way more deals on 72" and larger mowers than on 60" and below.. I think simply because the smaller ones are harder to find so guys ask the moon for them..
What I see the 48" and 60" are the most popular. I can pre owe 60" in like new shape easy. It's the larger one in my area that's the problem.

·
Registered
892 Posts
My brand new 72" King kutter came out the door for 1650 last year from the local mills fleet farm in Iowa. They're out there.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts