Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many on this forum install fire extinguishers on your gas or diesel equipment. I had a truck burn to the ground two years ago because of a fuel (gas) leak from an auxiliary factory tank. Total loss.. I have a neighbor who had his JD2355 catch fire in the field but he had an extinguisher and saved his tractor. I have decided to mount extinguishers on all my motorized equipment. Just to make me feel better. On the cab stuff lots of mounting options but on the open cockpit mowers probably will mount on the inside surface of the ROPS. If you guys have equipped your equipment with fire safety equipment please post pics so can determine the best mounting position.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Sounds like it would be a great use for Ken's ROPS clamps
Thanks Mac. Here is a pic of the display we put together for the farm show last month:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Have one on all my equipment, truck and Jeep. Only thing I don’t have one on is zturn and quads and snowmobile. Two in my shop, two in house garage and one in kitchen.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I found out that a extinguisher fits perfectly in the bottom half of the round manual holder you get w small JD tractors.
Mounted on rops on the ex3200 at the farm. Finally got a good use out of it.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts