Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we bought our place in Central Texas we inherited a rusted out fire pit and realized how much we enjoyed having a fire, looking at the beautiful
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
night sky, and having an adult beverage. Our fire pit was in great need of replacement but didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new one that just didn’t seem like the perfect pit, so I got a 42” pipeline cap. One inch think and 800 pounds. Think it might last me.

So the next question what is the best way to move it out of my truck? Didnt want to take the grapple bucket off, install the JD bucket then the pallet forks... so thought I would try the grapple. Worked great! Also know how I will empty the ashes.....

Picked the cap out of the truck then drove the truck out from under the cap.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been wanting one for several months. Reading posts here closed the deal and now I agree, stays on 80% of the time. I have built some, and making more shooting backstops, so bucket busy as well.

Just started using it two weeks ago. It’s on a 4044M.

·
Premium Member
2015 5045e
247 Posts
Howdy there neighbor, Dripping Springs here.

I love my grapple, also love the fire pit idea!

Reactions: Stevo3556

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Heh, I been thinking of doing the same. Then again I like the all natural way too... rocks in a circle.

BTW you forgot to blur out the tag numbers on your trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.