Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have used Firefox since day one, but here lately getting fed up and thinking of removing it from PC.

At least 3-5 times a evening its stops working. Have to close the program and then do a restart.

So just wondering what everyone else is using .. at present for GTT been using IE.

So wondering if anyone else is having the same fun I've been having. ?

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
I switched to Chrome because I was having issues printing orders and labels from FF about a year ago, no issues now.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Chrome here. I don't do all the java updates either.

FF has had many issues with plug-ins from my experience.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I use Chrome too

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
FF for me. No issues. :good2:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I only use Firefox. With the add on's I use, it is very secure. I have no issues whatsoever with it. It works perfectly. I have found Chrome uses too many resources and slows down computers. I have fixed slow computers merely by uninstalling Chrome. Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. Mine just updated again tonite.

Dave

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, had tried Chrome for about 15 mins. just wasn't happy. Didn't like some of the setup features and Google being more in control than me being in control.

Doing a new install of FF and see if it makes any difference. If same issues will do a little more troubleshooting and then if I can't get problems resolved ,,

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I am thinking that your problem is not really with Firefox. There are many other things that can cause the freeze you are referring to. One of the most likely is spyware. Download and run MalwareBytes to clean your pc. You can download it at www.malwarebytes.org. The majority of the problems I run into with peoples computers can be fixed by cleaning up the spyware on them.

Dave

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I've used Firefox a long time and seldom have any issues with it. I like having all the addons that are available for it.

It does have memory leaks and when that gets built up high enough it can slow it down or in worst cases stall it. I use the memory restart addon and when it gets into the red just restart Firefox and clear the memory back to normal.

I've used Chrome some but Firefox is still my favorite. Mainly use Chrome when I want to use my Chromecasts.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
I am thinking that your problem is not really with Firefox. There are many other things that can cause the freeze you are referring to. One of the most likely is spyware. Download and run MalwareBytes to clean your pc. You can download it at www.malwarebytes.org. The majority of the problems I run into with peoples computers can be fixed by cleaning up the spyware on them.

Dave
This has been the best free malware program I've used.

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
I have had the same problem with Firefox, both at work and at home. I run Malwarebytes regularly. Not overly fond of Chrome either.

Maybe they are just picking on the boy in the hills, Gene. :laugh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
FF here, but I don't know any better.

I grow stuff, cook stuff, fix stuff, and am damn good at creating a mess when it's needed..or not.

The Geek I trust at the old office, says to stay on FF, and avoid Chrome...unless I want to dink around to keep the Bosses happy.

No problems, other than the usual, that can be expected, from a connection that is essentially dial up.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yes, I too have been plagued with the same issue on Fire Fox. Did everything humanly possible to correct the issue. Switched to Internet Exploder for a week and the same thing. Removed and reloaded everything once again. Just switched back for FF and all "Seems" well at the moment. Give it a few more hours.....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
I've been experiencing the same issues etcallhome. FF has been very reliable until lately.

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again, did a uninstall last evening ,reboot and then new install. haven't had time to see what issues if any I'm having. Need to leave in a little while ,but will let everyone know what going on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I removed/reloaded everything twice. Switched to IE (Uggg). Removed/Reloaded everything...... Defragged...... Switched back for FF this morning after one week of IE. So far no issues. guessing everyone at once started having issues? Not sure if it's FF rather than Microsoft itself.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Another good program for keeping your computer running well is CCleaner. It cleans unused and unneeded files and also includes a registry cleaner. I use that and malwarebytes regularly. The free version works just fine. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Been using Chrome for years now - simple and it works. I like the fact when also using Chrome on my iPad my bookmarks etc. carry over and are right there to use.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts