Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. C and I cut split and stacked another 1-1/2 chord the last couple of days. This won't be for this year of course but it's nice to have it done.
Sky Tire Tree Wood Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive tire Tree Plant Wood

Plant Tree Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

Sky Tree Goggles Sunglasses Wood

Tire Wood Wheel Vehicle Logging

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Leaf Sky

Tire Wheel Saw Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Tree Tire Land lot Wood

Registered
Good thread馃憤. I haven鈥檛 really started yet due to being so wet and muddy. I鈥檝e cut and split a little but have been holding off waiting for it to dry out some. Will take some pics when I get going.

Registered
Road surface Wood Asphalt Automotive tire Gas

We scavenge logs so we always have well seasoned logs waiting to be split.
We split another bin full this evening and moved it to the porch with 1025 and forks.
Currently we have 6 bins on the porch ready to burn but I should have a 8-10 before snow makes it difficult.

Registered
Mrs. C and I cut split and stacked another 1-1/2 chord the last couple of days. This won't be for this year of course but it's nice to have it done.
View attachment 809464

View attachment 809465

View attachment 809466

View attachment 809467

View attachment 809468

View attachment 809469

View attachment 809470

View attachment 809471

View attachment 809472
When we were younger, my wife would help. Now she just inquires how it's going, lol.
Nice looking wood and good stacking jobs as well. Is that mostly birch?

Registered
I'm a bit behind where I hoped to be- spending too much time on my shed project or just lazy, I guess. We've got 9 bins some of which are from last year, some from earlier this year and a couple from the last couple of months. The most recent ones are oak slabs which will dry relatively quickly as they are thin. There's also a stack of cured logs waiting as well as some standing mostly dead trees so we should have enough available wood to be ok- just need to get at it more seriously. I do wish I had another 3-4 or more bins.

Registered
I cheated this year and had a cord of wood delivered. I don鈥檛 have any woods area on my property so I usually get cut trees from CList or FBMP and then cut, split and stack. I have a few dead ash trees that I need to cut down that will give me some extra firewood. I do still need to stack my delivery as she just dumps it out of the trailer and leaves it. She delivers to a lot of the Cracker Barrel restaurants in the Indy area. She has an all automated setup that cuts, splits and loads the wood without ever touching any of it by hand, really neat setup.
*I鈥檓 a recreational fireplace wood burner, not heating the home or anything like that.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cheated this year and had a cord of wood delivered. I don鈥檛 have any woods area on my property so I usually get cut trees from CList or FBMP and then cut, split and stack. I have a few dead ash trees that I need to cut down that will give me some extra firewood. I do still need to stack my delivery as she just dumps it out of the trailer and leaves it. She delivers to a lot of the Cracker Barrel restaurants in the Indy area. She has an all automated setup that cuts, splits and loads the wood without ever touching any of it by hand, really neat setup.
*I鈥檓 a recreational fireplace wood burner, not heating the home or anything like that.
I don't have a whole lot ready for this year, I was thinking of buying but the price around here is nuts. Most of my stuff is just poplar, but that's what we have so that's what we burn.

A farmer near by cleared a bunch of land and pushed the trees into piles. A buddy and I pulled it out and bucked it into about 12 foot lengths to haul to each of our places, (he conveniently has a 1025 with forks).

Tire Wheel Cloud Plant Sky

Plant Tree Vehicle Wood Automotive tire

This is about half of my haul.
Plant Tree Wood Trunk Natural material

Registered
On the 3rd day. Cut to 9鈥 lengths and shuttle to behind barn Monday. Cut to length yesterday and started splitting. Finished splitting today and started filling totes. Only got one filled today. Hopefully I can make progress tomorrow before the rains come.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Plant Wood

Registered
On the 3rd day. Cut to 9鈥 lengths and shuttle to behind barn Monday. Cut to length yesterday and started splitting. Finished splitting today and started filling totes. Only got one filled today. Hopefully I can make progress tomorrow before the rains come.
View attachment 812284
Nice, I'm surprised to still see that many leaves on your trees. It looks very similar to here in Virginia.

Registered
Nice, I'm surprised to still see that many leaves on your trees. It looks very similar to here in Virginia.
Slow changing and dropping this year. We had some heavy frosts but they are just slowing dropping this fall. Rain wind and snow coming so they are gonna really drop.

Reactions: Arsenix2001

Registered
Firewood seems like it鈥檚 a never ending job around here. My In laws heat with a wood fired boiler. They are getting up there and unable to cut wood like they used to. So that leaves me. I work on it all year round.

This weekend we cut up an other dead oak tree and split it up.

Hated to make the H work on her 80th birthday but it鈥檚 better than wasting away.

I think I got about three of those trailers full from cutting splitting and then stacking it.

Registered
A few years ago we had some big stuff to split so we rented this from an Amish neighbor that built it.

It totally eliminated all the heavy lifting.

And I鈥檓 happy to say we have getting the wood into the basement down to a science.

No more carrying it does the steps for us. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 47 Posts