Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Purchased used on craigslist 10 days ago
  • This loader (probably like a 45 loader) is a total game-changer for these tractors. Really unreal what you can do
  • I spread 4 yards of black dirt
  • Placed 16 tons of crushed gravel
  • Excavated and built a retaining wall using the tractor to haul the 80-pound blocks.
  • Set the grade for my gravel path
  • Built a BMX jump for my son and his buddies
CTC loader for me has been outstanding thus far. My only fear is that I will run out of projects to use it on!

I am replacing the THRV valve and shimming in the next couple of weeks to even further extend its capabilities.

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Plant Tree Road surface Bedrock Asphalt

Plant Building Window Tree House

Tire Wheel Plant Green Tree

Plant Road surface Asphalt Bedrock Natural landscape

Registered
Nice! Looks like it's working out great for you. 馃憤

Reactions: theduke

Registered
Nice work! Glad your happy with the ctc

Premium Member
Looking Good so far (y)

Premium Member
would love one for my x758.

that counterweight looks insufficient for a loader. the snowblower requests 250lbs...

Reactions: fordgt40

Registered
Congrats on the loader. They definitely add a lot more utility to an already great tractor.

As Nastorino says I would definitely consider getting a lot more counterweight. I run my loader with a minimum of 4 weights just for moving brush and anything else like mulch or stone I run 8. The larger 8 weight bracket I run from heavy hitch weighs a much as as a weight so it's like running 9. Even that is light by most standards since you only end up a total of 378lbs.

Registered
Might want more if you reshim the implement pressure relief. I am close to the same weight in beer belly investment, I run 6x 42# weights (have room for 2 more) on a heavy hitch + quick hitch on a 3pt which shifts the weight back a lot farther giving more leverage. Plus I fluid filled my rear tires with winter blend washer fluid.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

If you don't have hooks on your bucket I would add them. Makes it way more useful. Often people ask how much I really use it and it is all the time. Probably 90% of the time it isn't digging in the dirt or moving mulch type work. It is using those hooks to pickup something with a chain.

I did find that I wasn't using it all that often for a while and that was because I didn't like cutting grass with it on. It raised the CG too much and made the machine tippy. I almost rolled it cutting our ditch once. Also it hangs off the front so far it is harder to get around trees. With 4WS you will have less issues with the tree but still watch the CG. I would hate for someone to get hurt. All too often if I needed to move something heavy I would say do I want to just move it or spend another 15 min factoring in putting on the FEL and taking it off? I wouldn't use it. Eventually I said the heck with this and bought a Z950R as a dedicated mower so the FEL stays on all Spring/Summer/Fall until I need to put the blade on for plowing.

I would just say be careful until you get the THRV installed. You also need a new free wheel lever because the new THRV is a lot taller.

Registered
That's 160 lbs - and I weigh about 290, so I definitely do need some more. I can fit 2 more suitcase weights on that JD bracket. I'm not super excited about filling the tires.
Here is the bracket that allows 8 suitcase weights. It also has a hook and a hitch receiver on it both of which I have used plenty of times as well. I was in correct that it weighs as much as a suitcase weight. It actually weighs 51lbs. So it brings the total ballast to 387lbs. It sits about 1in or so further back then the JD bracket. Not a bunch and not as much as a 3pt hitch but every bit helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the bracket that allows 8 suitcase weights. It also has a hook and a hitch receiver on it both of which I have used plenty of times as well. I was in correct that it weighs as much as a suitcase weight. It actually weighs 51lbs. So it brings the total ballast to 387lbs. It sits about 1in or so further back then the JD bracket. Not a bunch and not as much as a 3pt hitch but every bit helps.

Thanks. I just can't get over the prices and shipping Heavy Hitch charges. Seems like they're absent from reality, regardless of the high quality

Registered
It is definitely pricey. When you factor in there is no other option if you want more than 6 weights and don't want to go 3pt hitch how much of a price can you put on safety when having ballast for a loader.

Not to mention it is actually 9 weights since it weighs more than a weight and also has the added functionality of the trailer hitch and a rear hook. I can't tell you the number of times I have used the rear hook to pull things since I got it. Including several neighbors' trucks out of muddy ditches with a tow strap.

When you also put it in context of how much a loader cost and your tractor cost and the fact not having enough rear ballast could lead to a situation that could damage one or both of those items it doesn't seem all that expensive to me.

I don't want it to sound like I am selling this thing as I have no skin in the game I am just and thoroughly happy with mine.

Registered
I really like HH products. But, so far the only one I have purchased is the 2" receiver to sleeve hitch adapter. It is VERY nice and probably worth the price+shipping I paid (which I no longer recall). The fact I can't remember what I paid is a good thing. It means I still think it was worth it.

Having said that, I get sticker shock every time I put that hitch in my cart and do the math to figure out how much the QA brackets are going to cost and then the actual weights. It is now definitely into the category of real money. I then think of alternatives. There are many, but they all involve time and or money too. If I actually had a loader, I would have made a choice by now. Since I haven't yet made the loader choice, I have some time. But, that loader gets a lot more expensive when I include the necessary ballast weight. Unfortunately, not having the appropriate ballast is probably an even more "expensive" choice. It probably just isn't as apparent as quickly.

Registered
I used to have a 40 loader on my JD445. Adding a piranha tooth bar made it twice the machine. I recommend you do the same. or get a heavy hitch while you are ordering more weights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts