Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just checking in again at the 100hr mark. Second season winding down. My X390 lugs my 250lbs up and down my 1.5 acres of hills, sharp turns, and tree after tree after tree. Has not missed a beat. 48” Accell Deck continues to perform beyond expectations. One more time, how did I go without power steering for the first 30 years :banghead:

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you’re like me, you never knew any better. Makes you appreciate the finer things in life, once you find them.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Power steering is the best thing on a tractor.Nobody realizes it till they try it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd have to say for 1.5 acres I'd have me a x7xx series! We recently just moved into our acreage with 4.54 acres of mowing. Wishing I had a 2038R....maybe next year. That loader sure would come in handy for moving trees and brush that my chainsaws keep finding to cut!

·
Premium Member
12,186 Posts
Power steering is the best thing on a tractor.Nobody realizes it till they try it.
On a larger tractor I agree. I used to have a Ford 9N and NAA and those required a bit of muscle to maneuver. I now have power steering on my 2720 and I can see a benefit when there is a heavy load in the loader. But... my X500 riding mower is manual steering and quite frankly it steers so easy that I don't even think about it.

So while I do have both to compare I still don't see the obsession with power steering on a riding mower.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
On a larger tractor I agree. I used to have a Ford 9N and NAA and those required a bit of muscle to maneuver. I now have power steering on my 2720 and I can see a benefit when there is a heavy load in the loader. But... my X500 riding mower is manual steering and quite frankly it steers so easy that I don't even think about it.

So while I do have both to compare I still don't see the obsession with power steering on a riding mower.
I guess the snow Blower Can Make that a Obsession. I have a 1999 White GT2055 with a Kwik-way Loader and that didn't Have Power steering I Bought a Used JD 425 in 2000 with a 40 Loader But I really just Bought it for the Power steering was original Just going to transfer the Kwik-way Loader over to it But the deal was to good for a 1994 JD 425 with 40 Loader, 60inch deck and 450 tiller $3,500 in 2000:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
12,186 Posts
I guess the snow Blower Can Make that a Obsession. I have a 1999 White GT2055 with a Kwik-way Loader and that didn't Have Power steering I Bought a Used JD 425 in 2000 with a 40 Loader But I really just Bought it for the Power steering was original Just going to transfer the Kwik-way Loader over to it But the deal was to good for a 1994 JD 425 with 40 Loader, 60inch deck and 450 tiller $3,500 in 2000
That is true. A front blower or even a blade on a garden tractor can make manual steering a bit of a chore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts