Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m interested in your thoughts for the first service on my 2520. Mine is a very late 2010 model year unit, built in November 2010. I bought it in May 2011. It was the only 2520 my dealer had in stock during the late spring incentive rush. The tractor currently has 20 hours on it.

I know that Deere lists the first service at 50 hours but it might be about this time next year before I get to 50 hours. Given that the original factory break-in oil has been sitting in the tractor almost 10 months already, I wonder if I should do the first oil change early, before winter sets in. Also, if I do decide to do the first oil change, say at 25 hours, should I put the Deere brand break-in oil back into it and then change to the oil type recommend by the manual at 50 hours?

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Also, if I do decide to do the first oil change, say at 25 hours, should I put the Deere brand break-in oil back into it and then change to the oil type recommend by the manual at 50 hours?
Yes, I would put the break-in oil back in if it was me.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
DITTO to Kenny's reply.
My .02:
If everything continues to look OK,I wouldn't bother with changing the oil until the 50 hour mark when you do the full blown maintenance.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts