Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
I was wondering about these the other day. Like you said the only pics I’ve seen were from one of the shows some of the guys were at this past spring or summer.

It does my heart good to see that clutch pedal for some reason. Not that I don’t love my hydro - just brings back memories from real field work tractors I guess.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
Gotta love that beefy rear axle.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
NO, I Don't Want a New Tractor

Dang it, I was all settled in with my 790 and you have to go and show pictures. At least it didn't have a set of rear remotes on it, did it?

Wonder what it would cost to trade? No, I don't want a new tractor. Really, I'm fine, don't want a new tractor and said so in the other forum. . .

Maybe if I don't stop by a dealership for a while, (years) the impulse will pass.

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
18,797 Posts
Treefarmer, don't watch these:

·
Registered
987 Posts
A tractor built like God intended.:bigthumb:

Orange pedal on the right, is a foot throttle.

Funny thing is, none of this is new, it's just being phased back in to compete with Kubotas gear shift, L series machines. JD offered some really stout synchronized gear shift CUTs, up until like the mid 2000's, IIRC. The older 70 (770/870/970/1070) and 90 (790/990) series machines (as well as 3005,4005 models) have pretty much all the same features, except the shuttle. Even the location of the fuel tank in the rear, is very similar, and much more. Lots of similarities, brought back in the D.

I wonder if width adjustable cast rear wheel centers, are an option with the R1 tires?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Sure looks like it is made in India.....

Dave

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
A tractor built like God intended.:bigthumb:

Orange pedal on the right, is a foot throttle.

Funny thing is, none of this is new, it's just being phased back in to compete with Kubotas gear shift, L series machines. JD offered some really stout synchronized gear shift CUTs, up until like the mid 2000's, IIRC. The older 70 (770/870/970/1070) and 90 (790/990) series machines (as well as 3005,4005 models) have pretty much all the same features, except the shuttle. Even the location of the fuel tank in the rear, is very similar, and much more. Lots of similarities, brought back in the D.

I wonder if width adjustable cast rear wheel centers, are an option with the R1 tires?
Even the 4x10 tractors had the option to get the syncshift. If I could find a syncshift 2wd 4x10 I would certainly buy it because thats a rare combination.

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
14,144 Posts
Sure looks like it is made in India.....

Dave
Where did you see that Dave, and I'm honestly just asking.

My dealer just got their first one at a different location than what I use, 3035D, they also told me that JD plans on releasing a 3049D sometime next year to join the rest of the lineup.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Where did you see that Dave, and I'm honestly just asking.

My dealer just got their first one at a different location than what I use, 3035D, they also told me that JD plans on releasing a 3049D sometime next year to join the rest of the lineup.
If you compare the fenders to those known to be made in India you can see the similarity.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Is the orange lever on the left the Forward/Reverse? I see the gear shift just has N 1-4.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Now this is interesting, that gearbox setup is definitely a departure from other gear shift Deeres I've used / owned. The 4 gears, High - Low, and the separate F-N-R, is like an older International that my Dad has. i wouldn't doubt for a second this is a domestic version of a tractor originally made for the foreign market.

But I'll tell ya, if i never had to worry about my wife being able to drive the tractor, gear shift for me all the way.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Similar to the 790

Now this is interesting, that gearbox setup is definitely a departure from other gear shift Deeres I've used / owned. The 4 gears, High - Low, and the separate F-N-R, is like an older International that my Dad has. i wouldn't doubt for a second this is a domestic version of a tractor originally made for the foreign market.

But I'll tell ya, if i never had to worry about my wife being able to drive the tractor, gear shift for me all the way.
The 4 gear, 2 range setup is what's on my 790. The shuttle forward and reverse would be a very nice addition for loader work. I'm pretty sure it would still require clutching but it would be much easier than shifting into reverse when using the loader. We have a Kubota with the shuttle shift and it works well although not as easily as a hydro. On the other hand, I've shifted gears for so many years that a hydro feels funny, not to mention the whine that comes off some of them.

Treefarmer

Reactions: jdmich and PJR832

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
The 4 gear, 2 range setup is what's on my 790. The shuttle forward and reverse would be a very nice addition for loader work. I'm pretty sure it would still require clutching but it would be much easier than shifting into reverse when using the loader. We have a Kubota with the shuttle shift and it works well although not as easily as a hydro. On the other hand, I've shifted gears for so many years that a hydro feels funny, not to mention the whine that comes off some of them.

Treefarmer
I love a true shuttle shift or whatever the proper term is. That with a foot throttle makes for great loader work.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts

Treefarmer
I love a true shuttle shift or whatever the proper term is. That with a foot throttle makes for great loader work.
That is what I was wondering. It isn't bad that the FWD/REV is on a lever like that on the dash.

What are the real advantages to this (Manual vs Hydro)? Maybe the tractor has a little more PTO HP because it isn't run through hydro? Not sure didn't look. I glanced at MSRP and it is a wash. I want to say less than $1K. I guess one benefit is less people will want to borrow your tractor. I have read where in some cases cars haven't been stolen when they break in and find a manual transmission. Probably a little more simple meaning better reliability. I see a lot of these 3 series machines going to people that have hobby farms. I would be shocked if they sold a lot of them in the corn belt big or even family farm situations as they probably just are too small for anything they would need or there are better solutions like a skid steer. If the target market is hobby farms, how many of those people grew up on a farm and maybe just moved to the city. Some, and maybe they would like this but for just as many of them there are people like me that grew up in suburbia and moved to the hobby farm part of town. Though the only thing I grow is grass. Is that market going to be interested in a manual transmission? I guess that is why they now sell both. It will be interesting to see what the 3025D does to 3025E sales numbers being they are the same machine with a different transmission option. :dunno:

While my wife can drive a manual transmission car and she does drive my X585 plowing snow from time to time or some FEL work for instance while I am running the chainsaw. I can also see her being really pissed at me if I picked the manual one over the Hydro. Moreso since they are the same price.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts