Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have 47 Hours on my 2018 3046R. I have been looking in the owner's manual and can not find any info on the "FIRST" (break in) 50 hour service. Is this documented anywhere. I've heard engine oil and filter, hydraulic filter?

My reason for asking is my dealer offered to pick up the tab for the first service. However since that offering they have ceased to be a Deere dealer and now just sell those "Orange" tractors. They are still willing to do the service but I have to bring the tractor in, as they no longer have mobile service. They have also offered to pick up the parts and consumables and I can do it myself. That is the route I am going and want to be sure I do everything I'm supposed to do and get all the correct parts.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your first service is at 200 hrs. Engine oil and filter only. I just did my 3039r a month ago.
[HR][/HR][h=3]Every 200 Hours or Annually[/h]
  • Change engine oil and filter.
  • Check and adjust alternator/fan belt.
  • Check wheel bolt torque.
  • Check and adjust air conditioner compressor belt (if equipped).
  • Check air restriction indicator light.
KN52281,10049B9-19-20130916​
Copyright © 2013 Deere & Company.
All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Well that would apply to me then, as She turned 1 year old last month. :good2:

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
2,793 Posts
It's been talked about a lot here. The 2018 manual no longer lists a 50 hr service, but should. A number of members are pulling dried RTV sealant chunks out when they take out the suction screen. Personally I recommend doing the service at 50 hrs. It's the same as the 200 hr service.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Super Moderator
2,793 Posts
Oops....missed that you have a 3046.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts